[MOD] Mountains and Hills

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Mountains and Hills

Post by King of Worms »

Last edited by King of Worms on Sat May 12, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

This is great!

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Wow, this Mod is cool, thank you Uncanny
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I just installed it, and my character, parked outside a dungeon, dropped 100 meters to his death :lol: Gotta install this one indoors!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's interesting... I assume this mod just uses a custom terrain sampler, Uncanny_Valley? I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I set things up so that if terrain sampler changes between saves then player should be repositioned at world cell origin. Sounds like that safety feature didn't engage this time. I will have to look into this later.

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Glad to hear that people are enjoying the new terrain. :D

Yes
Jay_H wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:07 pm I just installed it, and my character, parked outside a dungeon, dropped 100 meters to his death :lol: Gotta install this one indoors!
Yes. Since the mod changes the terrain quite drastically your character can end up spawning high above or below the terrain. I usually open the travel map and simply travel to the location I'm currently at. Doesn't take any time to do so, but will cost you 5 gold if you stay at inns... :D

Loading a save from inside is probably the best way to get around it. But when loading a save from certain interiors, you might still will end up spawning in the air or below ground when exiting. I believe the game sometimes saves your exterior position when saving inside, not sure when or why.
Interkarma wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 10:12 pm That's interesting... I assume this mod just uses a custom terrain sampler, Uncanny_Valley? I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I set things up so that if terrain sampler changes between saves then player should be repositioned at world cell origin. Sounds like that safety feature didn't engage this time. I will have to look into this later.
I don't use a custom terrain sampler. I subscribe to OnPromoteTerrainData, then generate my own heightmap and merge it with the existing heightmap. But if I can make my own terrain sampler, then maybe I will take that approach instead, and if that would kick in a safety feature and position the player correctly that would be huge benefit. :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yeah, terrain sampler is how this kind of stuff is supposed to be implemented. I built a whole system to integrate terrain mods this way with airbags and everything. :lol:

Let me know if any problems or help needed reworking into a terrain sampler! :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This Mod is insane man.
How are you guys doing this stuff lol..
I did spawn about 50ft up in the air in town..
It reminded me of the void :D
Fond memories that...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

New version (1.01).

Made it as a custom terrain sampler, which should prevent people from spawning in the air :D Probably a bit faster and also made a few other minor improvements and fixes

See first post for the latest version!
6.jpg
6.jpg (284.92 KiB) Viewed 6457 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That was fast, right on! :)