My UI up-scaling project.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Arl

Re: My UI up-scaling project.

Post by Arl »

delvisomanda wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:36 pm Please, if you can check my topic:

Textures: Upscaling problem / Not used

You can help me to complete the list I have made, and it might be useful for you.

Yes, I'm well aware of your thread. ;)

I'm planing to do a Spanish version of my replacement and a vanilla version as well, although I would need your help if you can and want to. Later today I will post in your thread the things I would require for this.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

delvisomanda

Post by delvisomanda »

Arl wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm Yes, I'm well aware of your thread. ;)

I'm planing to do a Spanish version of my replacement and a vanilla version as well, although I would need your help if you can and want to. Later today I will post in your thread the things I would require for this.
That's great news, I'll help you with anything I can, but my image editing skills aren't very good, I was thinking of asking you for help with the images, but I didn't want to bother you.
Currently translating Daggerfall into Spanish.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Arl wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:00 am I've been working in more panels (join guild/talk/banking/etc, and the bank menu) and I'm happy to see that some images are now being replaced as expected once I drop my pngs, now the whole character creation looks fine, as well as the local map.

I just found in this new iteration of my replacement that the tavern's menu has the "whole screen" scale problem, the IMG in question is TVRN00I0.

The only still persistent issue I could say is that SPOP still don't scale correctly and TRAV0I00 still don't get replaced, other than that your replacement framework is a hit TheLacus, thank you!
I'm glad your awesome work is in game now, i'll read all reports by you and delvisomanda and fix them when i can :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Are these up-scaled screens being added to the base (non-modded) DFU builds? Or do we need to download the files as a mod package from this topic?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

U need to download them

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks, I'll check them out.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Could this please be added to the Released Mods forum, with a clear link to the UI files download package(s)? (Unless this is still work-in-progress, Arl?) Thanks!

EDIT: Probably best to ignore this, as Arl hasn't confirmed the mod's status.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Hey, sorry for the late response.

I would say that the status of the mod is "work in progress". I will try to find some time to work in this as soon as I can to add the remaining images.

The funtionality of the mod however is dependant of TheLacus, since he has been attending all the issues regarding image replacement ever since he created the replacement framework, so when I finish all the remaining images would not mean that the mod is fully operational, and the released mod sub-forum requieres the mod to be fully verified and funtional.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Arl, thanks for the update - looking forward to more progress when you have time!

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

This is some incredible work, but don't you think it would be better to aim for the correct aspect ratio?

I think it's beyond doubt that Daggerfall images were intended to be viewed stretched to 4:3. For example, compare the map of Tamriel in the game with the high-res version in Daggerfall Chronicles:
Spoiler!
It's very clear that the non-corrected DOS screen, upon which your version is based, is shorther vertically than the image in Chronicles to compensate for the inevitable stretching when VGA output was rendered on a 4:3 computer display.