Updated Builds May 2018

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Jay_H

Re: Updated Builds May 2018

Post by Jay_H »

Ah, now I see why the file size is so different. It looks like you've only linked to a Windows build in your second most recent post :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Do you mean the Floating-Y test build? Yep, that's the case for now. Linux build for you mate?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

No, this is what I mean:
Interkarma wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 pm New builds are up on Live Builds page now with the following changes:
It looks like you're linking to the Live Builds page, but it only sends to the Windows build.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Right, I see what you mean. I've fixed link in above forum post now. Cheers.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

New Live Builds are available now.

Besides more spell effects, the main change in this build is the new Floating Origin update to support a floating Y axis.

I've worked very hard to eliminate problems and ensure about 99% of save games should "just work". Probably the worst that will happen is if you load an old interior save (inside a dungeon or building) then exit, you might falling through the ground right outside. If this happens, just re-load the same save and try again, or use fast travel to go somewhere else as normal.

I believe the above problem is related to a known issue in Unity 5.5 that Floating-Y exacerbates, rather than a new bug introduced specifically by Floating-Y changes. This bug should be resolved once I formally upgrade project code to Unity 2018.1.2 in a couple of weeks time.

Please test the latest update with Floating-Y when you can. If all goes well, you won't really notice any difference at all.