Kamer's Projects

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Kamer's Projects

Post by Kamer »

This was the Villager Immersion Overhaul original forum but now it has it's own. This is now just a place where I poorly try to keep organized of the things I work on.

UPDATE: 2018-12/10

Current Projects:

-Villager Immersion Overhaul
(Current Version: 2)
-Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors
(Current Version: 2 With Jay's Fix)
-Oblivion Loadscreens
(Current Version: 2)
-New HD Daggerfall Sprites
(In Concept)
-Reactive Reputations
(Progress not started)

Spoiler!

Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Villager Immersion Overhaul

Oblivion Loadscreen V2
Last edited by Kamer on Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:16 am, edited 15 times in total.

Biboran

Re: Daggerfall Villagers replaced with Arena Sprites

Post by Biboran »

Well, daggerfall ones are 1995 3d renderswhile arena one are gand-drawed. However it be awesome if some artist draw villgers in style of static daggerfall npc, but I understand that for it you need a lot skill and a lot of time.
Arena ones are nuce but too primitive for my test, and as I remember half of redguards in arena was almost naked :lol:

Mosin Nagant

Post by Mosin Nagant »

Kamer wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 am As title says. I always found Daggerfall villagers to be fugly. Whacky colors...
I've considered recoloring all the peasant sprites en-mass, I too am not crazy about their colors. Never really realized there was any demand for it. It would be cool if DFU had an option to select ranges of colors in the palette and do randomized palette translations for sprites. It would add a lot of visual variety.

I love the atheistic of TES 1, so I'd love to see this mod come to fruition. Will definitely keep an eye on this thread. I've written a tutorial for using SLADE to mod Daggerfall. You might find it helpful. If you'd like, I could expand it to cover working with Arena sprites, too. Can't imagine it would be too difficult, so just let me know. :D
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Mosin Nagant wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 4:21 am
Kamer wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 7:42 am As title says. I always found Daggerfall villagers to be fugly. Whacky colors...
I've considered recoloring all the peasant sprites en-mass, I too am not crazy about their colors. Never really realized there was any demand for it. It would be cool if DFU had an option to select ranges of colors in the palette and do randomized palette translations for sprites. It would add a lot of visual variety.

I love the atheistic of TES 1, so I'd love to see this mod come to fruition. Will definitely keep an eye on this thread. I've written a tutorial for using SLADE to mod Daggerfall. You might find it helpful. If you'd like, I could expand it to cover working with Arena sprites, too. Can't imagine it would be too difficult, so just let me know. :D
I'm familiar with SLADE. If you could help me out as I'm busy with work that'd be great.

Mosin Nagant

Post by Mosin Nagant »

Kamer wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 5:43 am I'm familiar with SLADE. If you could help me out as I'm busy with work that'd be great.
Sure thing, I'll update the tutorial to handle Arena sprites. If you need help with any of the actual replacement, just tell me in a PM what sprites you'd like me to tackle.
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Nice idea! It's a pity we'll probably never get the hand-drawn villager/townsfolk sprites that were created for Daggerfall before the pre-rendered replacements and can be seen in some pre-release screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

How interesting! It's amazing how you dig this stuff up.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Awesome screenshots! It obviously seen that it use more like arena-style building placement and honestely it feel more alive then final game

About sprites - they can be reverse-drawed from scrach if there will be talanted people interested in it

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

If Only we could get some older version of the game and rescue these great sources.
Spoiler!

Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

I'm feeling inspired right now. I think I'll be dropping the Arena repalcement at the moment due to unfavorable results. (What I want to do with them will take awhile.) However I figured I'd like to do something else. Towns and cities are full of villagers but you don't see much of anything else than maybe a city guard in vanilla Daggerfall. I'd like to change that a bit and edit and replace most if not all villagers to look different or to change from villagers entirely into other professions.

What I hope to accomplish is to make cities feel like cities than a farmstead. Warriors, Priests and Horseback riders will populate cities and Villagers themselves will hopefully get a bit of a makeover. Here's a Rogue I've modified as an example.