[Mod] New Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Mosin Nagant

Re: [Mod] New Locations

Post by Mosin Nagant »

Wow! Great work. Can't wait to see play around with it! :D
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Update! See first page for download links.

After much work, it is finally done! My goal was for this version was to create a stable base, something that can be build upon, improved and expanded on later.

I decided to separate the the mod into 3 parts
  • The Location Loader, which is a mod file that enable new exterior locations to be added to Daggerfall.
  • A collection of test locations that I created
  • The source code and editor script. The editor scripts allows you to create your own locations and add them to the world.
Features
  • New exterior locations can be added to the world.
  • New locations will use texture, mesh and billboard replacements if available
  • Lamps, candles and campfires will emit light
  • Animals such as cats and dogs will produce sound
  • Editor scrips that makes creating new locations easier
Unfinished features... but started on
  • Loot containers
  • Support for season(winter/summer) changes for billboards
This has been a fun project to work on, especially the editor tools, but I feel a bit fatigued from it and I have come to a point where I don't know how to continue with it. So if there is anyone in the community that would like to help out and contribute, I would be very grateful. :)

In the meantime, I would love to see people trying out the editor tools and creating and sharing the own locations. :D

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

And here I thought my day off would only be used to work on my Villager/Races project. Bye Bye my life.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Kamer wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:49 pm And here I thought my day off would only be used to work on my Villager/Races project. Bye Bye my life.
Yes, this editor sounds very dangerous!! Im scared to try it... :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

UV, I'm moving this to the Released Mods forum. If you can, pop a screenshot into the first post for me. :)

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:43 pm UV, I'm moving this to the Released Mods forum. If you can, pop a screenshot into the first post for me. :)
I tried to add a screenshot, but it won't let me. :( It seems to be a limit to 3 files per post? I will look into hosting the screenshot somewhere else and link to it instead.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

UV, can you please elaborate a bit on how to use this tool?

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:50 pm UV, can you please elaborate a bit on how to use this tool?
Can do. I been on an extended vacation for the last 3 weeks and will be home in a couple of days, can write a small guide to it then.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great! I want to try that but I have no idea how to utilize the tools you provided, thank you ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hey Uncanny_Valley, i wanted to let you known that i "promoted" your editor in the modding system docs along with the features provided by core. :)