[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by mikeprichard »

OK, that's what I thought - thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just a heads-up TheLacus, I'm implementing support for floating y in a branch right now. This extends the existing floating origin support to work in all three axes.

This has impact across a wide range of placement code. One of the areas touched is CityNavigation.WorldToScenePosition() which is now floating y aware when using refineY option. It should return the correct location in future calls, but any serialized objects may not be in the right place when loading a game.

If you get the time, would you be able to test your mod against the new branch to ensure plants, etc. are placed OK? Especially any serialized objects with absolute height values.

I'll be on deck to help resolve any problems if they're encountered. Just let me know what I can do to help.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

All vegetation is added via Unity grass system, so placement is on terrain layers and it shouldn't be affected at all by this change.
Particle mist, which is not yet available in a build, is supposed to use WorldToScenePosition() via event. I tested the mod (including mist) on the floating y branch and didn't find any issue.
Harvested crops are saved with mapPixel and local 2d position, no need to store height for terrain here. Let me know if i can test something else :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That sounds great! Thankyou for testing. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Can this please be added to the Released Mods forum? Thanks!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you, I don't know how I missed this one. Keep pointing them out and I'll keep moving them. :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Interkarma wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 9:31 pm Thanks for the information. I'll take a look at reordering some things here when I can.
Hey, what do you think if i just add this event as is for the moment ? You can get back to it when you have time. :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Please go ahead. :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Wow Beautiful