Kamer's Projects

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

Hey guys, I found the issue with the disappearing villagers. I found the option that compresses the images. Turning off compression fixes the issue so it's directly related to that. Compressed sprites are the ones that will disappear.
20180606171329_1.jpg
20180606171329_1.jpg (252.39 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
Attachments
20180606171817_1.jpg
20180606171817_1.jpg (247.77 KiB) Viewed 3335 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's great information thank you! It should work with compression, but obviously something is going wrong here. At least now we have a place to start looking. Cheers.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I can at least now show what it looks like without errors. Enjoy.
20180606172834_1.jpg
20180606172834_1.jpg (247.47 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Attachments
20180606173121_1.jpg
20180606173121_1.jpg (145.59 KiB) Viewed 3329 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is very cool man. You're doing good work here. :)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I'm gonna try and double down on this project since Warm Ashes is on hold until i can upgrade it to Version 2.

What's Currently In:

-Added 3 Different Horseback riders to each region. Might add more for varriety.
-Warriors, Mages, and Rogues of different sexes will be in each region
-Argonians (Male) Thieves have been added to Deserts/Swamps regions
-Dark Elves (Male) have been added to Mountain regions

Plans for a future release:

Khajiits are still being worked on at the moment. Also I hope to have both Male/Female variants of each race.
Once I have a a decent selection for all regions I'll release version 1. After that I'll work on portraits for them.
That might prove to be difficult. If anything I might ahve to leave portraits the way they are if each individual
villager selects the wrong race. That is at least the roadmap for this project. It's not too big so it shouldn't take
so long. I'm now gonna focus on resizing the current placeholders into the right size and fix the clipping. Also
Move around some select few to different regions. After making the argonian I got inspiration to make another
project after this one. Replacing different human class textures with different races. That way the world is more
diverse in more ways than a simple village.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Looking very nice! Those horses and some of the new NPCs could use some XBR upscaling love. I can do that for you if interested. Just send me a rar/zip with files you want me to upscale. Would be a pleasure ;) PS: And great job finding out that imported texture compression is the cause of the disappearing/flickering city NPCs!!
TEST.jpg
TEST.jpg (253.74 KiB) Viewed 3220 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:09 pm Looking very nice! Those horses and some of the new NPCs could use some XBR upscaling love. I can do that for you if interested. Just send me a rar/zip with files you want me to upscale. Would be a pleasure ;) PS: And great job finding out that imported texture compression is the cause of the disappearing/flickering city NPCs!!
TEST.jpg
I knew one of you guys might be doing this lol. Looks great. I think I'm just going to focus on doing vanilla sprites without the up-scaling at the moment. Once I'm done or feel accomplished enough, I think I'll hit you up with that offer so people can choose from upscaled or pixelated. Personally, I like the blocky look so at least I'd keep it the same way personally.

Kamer

Re: Kamer's Projects

Post by Kamer »

Villager Immersion Overhaul Release

I've decided against waiting until everything is done. Instead I'll just periodically release it whenever a significant amount of work is done with each climate. This release will be the basic groundwork I work from. I spent all last night fixing clipping issues, resizing, and other things and feel like I can go ahead and release version 1 out. It will only affect one of the climates but I'm sure most won't need to travel to see the results. Not everything will be permanent. Some placeholders will be here. Warriors/Rogues/Mages might be modified to greatly represent other races.

Download:
Version 1

Install:
-Extract contents into "/StreamingAssets/Textures/" Folder in your Daggerfall unity Dictionary
*Make Sure you aren't using compressed textures!*

Spoiler!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Makes sense! But when its done hit me up pls, my upscaling OCD is strong and more options are always better 8-)
Also, good idea releasing it as it proceeds instead of waiting for a final version. Thanks for your efforts, great mod!

NikitaTheTanner

Re: Kamer's Projects

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

This stuff looks awesome Kamer! I do want to see all these in the game, I'm only concerned about the encounter rate of all the races. I did like the fact that Highrock actually felt like the home of Bretons in Daggerfall, unlike later TES games where the provinces are extremely diverse, almost to the point of disbelief (there are no Imperial bandits in Cyrodiil, for example).

What I think is, can there be some sort of configuration menu for it? That would be awesome, though might be too much to ask for. In my opinion, amount of other races in Hammerfell/Highrock should be somewhere between 5-10%, but no more than 20%.

What I do think is missing though is the Redguard enemies! If you could implement these for Hammerfell - that already would be super sweet!