Enhanced Sky

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by King of Worms »

I found this animation, it would be so great for Daggerfall http://roflcopter.udof.org/dfsky.swf its a whole day cycle

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

quasifex wrote:
VMblast wrote:Hand painted skys (and clouds) would work better with the original Daggerfall's style and atmosphere...however, someone needs to paint them... :P
I was assuming you are too busy with other things, but if it's not a big deal for you, i will happily handle this job to the pro :)
I would really love to, that would be interesting artistic experiment. Unfortunately my free time is coming to an end and I'll barely have enough to finish Desert City Walls. :(

Channel1

Post by Channel1 »

quasifex wrote:I recently tried this mod and want to share some of my ideas:

1) With sun of this size, Tamriel would be a scorched land! I think it should be decreased in size.

2) Is it possible to replace skybox in this mod? In comparison with vanilla, skybox in this mod seems bland and empty to my taste. I can find some HDRI skyboxes, or maybe even try to make a handpainted one (similar to ones from 2000's games like Outcast and Giants:Citizen Kabuto, colorful and with dramatic huge clouds).

3) Why sun flare was removed? I think it could be made optional in mod settings.

4) Post-effects such as sun shafts would suit well with this mod. I made some research and found that there are free sun shafts scripts for Unity on the net. But since i'm not a coder I'm not sure i can implement them myself.

5) Is it possible to create some kind of mask for skyboxes to make sun hide behind clouds?
If you didn't know the skies are actually procedural, and I'm pretty sure the lens flair is an option.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Interkermit wrote:
If you didn't know the skies are actually procedural, and I'm pretty sure the lens flair is an option.
They are, and, it is....

INTERKERMIT ! 8-)
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

When I start the game, it takes a while for a cloud layers to update. Thats not a problem for me.

So why I talk about it?

It created a nice effect in the picture Ive taken.

There is a rain but the clouds are not those grey overcast type YET (they will switch in a matter of seconds) So this screen was taken before the clouds updated to overcast. I think such weather as captured in a screen could be working well in game, as a additional type of weather, it deffo looked nice ingame!

Just a light rain during a day...
weather.jpg
weather.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 4546 times
This is how it usually looks by default
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (797.93 KiB) Viewed 4542 times
Last edited by King of Worms on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

God, it looks like classic U.K. weather!

:lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote:God, it looks like classic U.K. weather!

:lol:
I like that! 2nd screen I added in a EDIT does not work as great Id say during the day, the overcast sky doesnt work well with the bright coloured ground and folliage, it would need a hint of fog... with that implemented, both versions would be great

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

The weather on these two screenshots is extremely lovely! (If you love rain that is... ;) ) So chilly, but romantic even! Would love to see both in game, but the second one will work even better with some fog added, agree!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I am confident that I will be able to do an updated Enhanced Sky mod version for new dfunity baseline. It should be 90% feature complete (since I am using latest checked in version by lypyl: https://github.com/Lypyl/daggerfall-uni ... ky?files=1, which lacks some of the updates of latest known version 2.0.5)

Just need to fix some broken stuff first, but nothing too complicated ;)

I hope to have it ready next week.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thank you, Nystul! Can't wait to see this mod in the Released Mods forum and available again; I for one can't go back to the vanilla Daggerfall sky after having used this mod.