Enhanced Sky

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Interkarma

Re: Enhanced Sky

Post by Interkarma »

Nice one! Thanks for doing that. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Nystul, that will be great! I wonder if that mod could get some updates in a future as it has so much more potential. In the meantime, Im playing with original skyes, and the colours and moods it paints are unmatched. I contacted Lacus and asked him if he can make those files modable, same as textures and flats. Because Ive found out I can take those pictures to another level. I hope that it will be a viable option as well one day.
1-7(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x4.000000).png
1-7(RGB)(noise_scale)(Level3)(tta)(x4.000000).png (678.02 KiB) Viewed 4387 times

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Wow this looks incredible good.

Would you be able to do one variant without mountains in the background. I would love to use this together with distant terrain mod but the mountains do not look good with the mod...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi & thanks! Well I can do any picture which is in the DFimaging Sky archives. And theres plenty. 100s.. you want just a sky? I can try to edit the background stuff out as well. And what colour? With a sun or without? So many options to choose from..

Älso, theres truckloads of images on internet... I can make some backgrounds from them as well...
1-7edit 2.png
1-7edit 2.png (386.67 KiB) Viewed 4331 times

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Woah, beautiful... is that image "dynamic" in the sense that the sun will rise/set, colors change etc. depending on the time of day as in the current version of the Enhanced Sky mod? If so, using that together with Distant Terrain would be incredible.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well, its dynamic. Believe it or not, its just a original art from a game which I squeezed thru a correctly set up upscaler.
its cca 2000 files in 32 sets. Those 32 sets have 4 backgrounds (jungle/trees/mountains and something) and those backgrounds have I guess 8 variants of weather (overcast, rain, clear, fog etc...) and they are animated so it starts at night, than the sun comes out and moves across the sky till it sets down on the other side and the dark comes again, so a complete cycle...

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Then... I need that in my game! :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:33 pm Hi & thanks! Well I can do any picture which is in the DFimaging Sky archives. And theres plenty. 100s.. you want just a sky? I can try to edit the background stuff out as well. And what colour? With a sun or without? So many options to choose from..
yeah the DFimaging sky archives (one set of a sky without any mountains but with clouds and sun - as you did it) which I would like to use instead of the 4 different skies in use by vanilla (for the different climates)

but I know this is lots of work - so don't feel like I demand it or anything. Was just a thought

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

if you want to test the current reconstruction from enhanced sky mod, here is the download.

Enhanced Sky 2.1.0 (only compatible with new dfunity version with new baseline (Unity 2018.1.2f1)):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iMV4xy ... sp=sharing

I think latest versions by Lypyl had a sunblock object that would block sun when sky was overcast. This feature is not in this version since I am still trying to figure out what is different and how it was done ;)

update: not sure about the sunblock object's purpose - tested this with old version - does not affect sun in overcast situation - so it must have a different purpose

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Sounds like you're making great progress, well done! :)