Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3 is now available. This post has downloads and other information.

http://www.dfworkshop.net/daggerfall-un ... t-build-3/

Please also download the ReadMe, it has information not in the blog post.

Interkarma

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Post by Interkarma »

0.0.6 Patch Notes
  • Changed how genders are imported from classic saves based on new idea that gender byte is actually a bitfield and only first bit controls gender (0 for male, 1 for female). This should allow more classic saves to open. Requires more testing, please report any further issues with gender-swapped characters. Vampire/werewolf characters are still not considering working.
  • Fixed issue where player would appear in wrong exterior cell after loading game to an interior cell.
  • Fixed issue where saved player position would be incorrect after changing terrain sampler (e.g. enabling/disabling Nystul’s improved terrain then loading a saved game). When a change to terrain sampler is detected, player will be relocated to outside current location, or to origin of map cell if no location present. This logic may trigger when loading a quick-save created prior to 0.0.6.
  • Fixed another casing issue when lazy-loading saves in Linux for save importer.
  • Some buildings do not have an interior. These will now display the old chestnut “This house has nothing of value.” rather than throw an exception.
  • Class-based enemies (e.g. Spellsword, Thief) now have a health pool and can hurt you. Look out!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

0.0.6 New Issues
  • This list will be updated as new issues are found with this build.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

no problems encountered! ;)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

so far so good! One suggestion is to bump up the raycast distance for activating objects. You pretty much have to stand on the very edge of platforms to activate switches - which was tedious in Daggerfall.

edit: I just tried one of my saves that didn't load correctly before, and it loaded & the gender was now correct.

Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

Just checking in. Tried it out and everything seems to be working as it should on Windows 10.

Reath

Post by Reath »

Everything's working well. My old saves load in this build too.

The locked doors don't seem to match up with where the locked doors are in Daggerfall. In Lysadus's Tomb, the door on the left at the beginning is locked in Daggerfall and open in Daggerfall Unity.

While dying, my character falls through the ground.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

The locked door data is read (to the best of our knowledge in how it works) directly from the game data - so it should match up very closely. Are you sure the left door starts locked?

https://youtu.be/KmhsDmTXA3E?t=176

Reath

Post by Reath »

LypyL wrote:The locked door data is read (to the best of our knowledge in how it works) directly from the game data - so it should match up very closely. Are you sure the left door starts locked?

https://youtu.be/KmhsDmTXA3E?t=176
Odd, I loaded the save again in DF and the door wasn't locked. Then I loaded it a second time and it was locked. Are the locked doors randomized somehow? The save starts outside the tomb, and I enter it for the first time afterwards.

If I load the same save in DF Unity, it's always open. Even if I encounter the locked door in DF and save, the door is still open after loading that save in DF Unity.

Here's a screenshot of it locked:
fall_003.png
fall_003.png (17.59 KiB) Viewed 8904 times

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Yeah I've run into that before too - the door leading to Cyndassa in Castle Daggerfall for instance seems to be unpredictable. Pretty much every other door seems to not act like that. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely have to look at it.