Villager Immersion Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Kamer »

The land of Daggerfall is massive, so one would think that it would inhabit many diverse people? Villager Immersion Overhaul replaces many of the generic Villagers and adds adventurers/New races to the cities of the Iliac Bay. Cities and towns should feel more alive than ever with this texture swap.

I've decided against waiting until everything is done. Instead I'll just periodically release it whenever a significant amount of work is done with each climate. This release will be the basic groundwork I work from. I spent all last night fixing clipping issues, resizing, and other things and feel like I can go ahead and release version 1 out. It will only affect one of the climates but I'm sure most won't need to travel to see the results. Not everything will be permanent. Some placeholders will be here. Warriors/Rogues/Mages might be modified to greatly represent other races.

Villager Immersion overhaul Version 5

Whats new in Version 5.0?

-Guards Patrol at night.
-Guards at City entrances, walls and guard towers. (Refresh every hour)
-Guards at Palaces. (Only two as of now)
-Guards emit light.
-Guards attack foes.
(Guards might be more aware of the player's crimes. Be careful.)

-Villagers have a chance to attack the player if they are a Werewolf Creature.
-Villagers who don't attack will call for guards for help.
-Villagers run away when foes are around.
-Villager mass varies now based on town type. (Few at farms but many people in cities)
-Weather will cut the active villager count in half.

-Prostitute function restored. (Taverns Only)

-Orcs Sergent's will appear in Orsinium
-Orcs will replace some billboard villagers in Orsinium. (Taverns and Homes)

Installation:

1. Open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

2. Copy the "VillagerImmersionOverhaul .dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder

3. Make sure the mod is enabled

Download:VIOv5 Pre-Alpha
*If you install VIO V5 alongside KOW-DREAM, make sure you make it higher priority than DREAM - COMMONERS*

Spoiler!
Last edited by Kamer on Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:14 am, edited 8 times in total.

Jay_H

Re: Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Jay_H »

Gave it a try right now (after disabling compressed textures ;) ) and I am definitely a fan. I quite like it.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Since the Argonian is about done, I think I'm gonna go ahead and work on Version 2. Deserts/Swamps will be the ideal update for me. Pic is me finishing last villager for this region type.
20180609125058_1.jpg
20180609125058_1.jpg (284.37 KiB) Viewed 45770 times
20180609131627_1.jpg
20180609131627_1.jpg (229.84 KiB) Viewed 45767 times

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Update on Desert/Swamp Region progress
20180610193659_1.jpg
20180610193659_1.jpg (177.15 KiB) Viewed 45659 times
Attachments
20180611142404_1.jpg
20180611142404_1.jpg (154.66 KiB) Viewed 45659 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

very good, must be a lots of work!

TESforlife

Post by TESforlife »

I really like this. I hand-pick them out tho cuz the adventurer ones look like the enemies, I like the dark elves

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Hey guys/ I took a long break from working on anything Df related until the next big update. This update pack only adds what I assume I finished before the break. Should add Argonians, a female version of the Dark Elf , and a Female Dark Elf mage in the same region as the Argonian. I'm gonna try and get used to working on quests again before I work on this further.

Version 2:Download

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I haven't started work on an update but I would like to return to this one day. I'm not home atm but I'd like to know if sprites are still disappearing with compressed textures on. That's something I'd like to fix before I move on from this project.

I'm low key transitioning this mod into the HD Pre Renderd sprites I'm working on but I still want to complete what's left on this so players who prefer the classic graphics can still enjoy this.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Kamer wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:27 am I'd like to know if sprites are still disappearing with compressed textures on. That's something I'd like to fix before I move on from this project.
They do not. That was a bug with DFU that was fixed some months ago. I can confirm that the texture compression disappearing does not happen from when I tried it out some time ago after said fix was implemented.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Based on this mod, I keep having this illusory idea of my own that replaces all townspeople with daedra and all monsters with townspeople :lol: I don't have nearly enough time to do it, but it's a fun idea.