Updated Builds July 2018

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Updated Builds July 2018

Post by Interkarma »

General

New builds are available on Live Builds now. These are the first round of public builds after upgrading to Unity 2018. There are some general changes in these builds related to updated engine version you should be aware of.
  • Some mods might not work under new builds. Check the Released Mods forum for an update and please let the creator know if any problems running their mod in latest version.
  • Enhanced Sky is probably the main mod known not to work with this new version. You will just see a pink background instead of the sky. Nystul is currently working on an update for Enhanced Sky compatible with latest version of the game.
  • For Windows users, the "output_log.txt" file is now in your persistent data path (same place as settings.ini and save games). Please refer to this link to find where your Player log is saved based on OS. The included manual still needs to be updated with this information.
  • For Windows users, you will also see a couple of new files "UnityPlayer.dll" and "UnityCrashHandler32/64.exe". You can ignore these and just run "DaggerfallUnity.exe" as normal.

What's New

Besides the update to Unity 2018 for builds, there are some new features and bug fixes.
  • Improved near death experience (MeteoricDragon) - Introduces a subtle pulsing warning when player is at extremely low health. Can disable from Advanced settings at startup.
  • Magic Item & Potion Maker crafting stations in progress (Hazelnut) - Work has started on these crafting stations and the general UI is now available. They are not yet completed and currently cannot produce magic items or potions.
  • NPCs no longer stop when player's weapon is drawn (MeteoricDragon).
  • Reputation propagation is now implemented (Allofich/Hazelnut). This means when you complete quests for certain reputation groups, your reputation gains/losses will influence related groups as per classic.
  • Sorcerers no longer regen spell points, just like classic - recharge now available at Mages Guild (MeteoricDragon).
  • Fixes for enhanced scroll list bugs (Hazelnut).
  • Fixes for sound effects not respecting global sound effect volume (MeteoricDragon).
  • Discovered locations are now imported from classic saves (Allofich).
  • Console command "add [item] [qty]" now supports "add gold [qty]" For example, "add gold 1000" will give player 1000 gold pieces.
  • Console command "reset_assets" will clear mesh and texture caches and refresh scene by performing an in-place quicksave then quickload. This uses the "QuickLoad" slot, so make another save if you don't want to overwrite this slot.
  • Console command "setmqstage 1" no longer forces player level 1. You can now use this command to restart main quest at any level. Caution this will also reset reputations and global variables.
  • Bug fix for travel map opening map IMG files in read-write mode. This would cause a black screen when opening travel map on some systems depending where game files were stored. Changed this to use read-only mode as intended.

Seterwind

Re: Updated Builds July 2018

Post by Seterwind »

Another awesome update! Very appreciated all the bug fixes!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

After some time spent in a updated build, I must say this version change went very smoothly, congratulations! Im very impressed how stable DFU is, its like a already finished product.

And thank you for those new console commands! Reset_assets is a god send for any texture moder. And ofc working gold cheat.

EDIT: In a video options, the "near death experience" option has <text error - wrong text> msg

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks! It's gone fairly well overall, a change of this scale is rarely perfectly smooth. :)

Thanks for letting me know about the text error. I'll make sure this is fixed up. Edit: Looks like this has already been fixed in live code. Let me know if you keep having troubles after next builds drop.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hi Interkarma - just checking in after a while to see how things are going! Any updates on the remaining 40% of the magic effects? I know you passed through your especially busy annual real-life work period a few weeks ago, and of course are only working on the DFU core features as spare time permits, so I guess this is just me being an impatient fan again. Cheers!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Mike! I'm active where I can be, but my personal output is still in a dip at the moment. I was a bit premature celebrating the end of my busy run and ended up landing a project in July that's just wrapping up now. This should have been an easy one too, but sometimes they take a bite out of me instead of the other way around. :)

I'm trying to find my way back into DFU now. This always involves a bit of floundering when I've had to divert focus elsewhere for a while. And after a few months of high-level work combined with short days (winter here in Australia), I'm finding myself in a slump. My work is mostly indoors and combined with short days it's hard to go for a walk or ride in the sun every day (which makes me happy). After a couple of months, it starts dragging me down and I can't focus on much of anything.

On the plus side, the other guys have been making great progress, and I'm still reviewing their code and testing changes. The next round of builds have some good stuff coming. I'll start working through remaining effects soon, and will be back to higher levels of output as spring rolls in and things are get quiet at work again.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for the update! Good health is always the most important thing, so I hope you can find time to enjoy some sun and get enough rest during your hectic schedule. Take care for now, and best of luck with your work!

Flylighter

Post by Flylighter »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:38 pm and will be back to higher levels of output as spring rolls in
Oh, that sweet, sweet brief heart attack. The other side of the world is so silly!

It's great to hear that you're coming out the other end now. Here's to getting out for some rides soon :D I'm hoping to teach myself enough to contribute with a small baby mod or two!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers guys :)

FilthyCasual523

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

I hope you're doing well, Interkarma. :)