Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Michael_TEFL

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Now the textures (and lighting, by the way) work as intended. Thank you, Interkarma!

Spoiler - 1) 0.0.6; 2) 0.0.7
Spoiler!
Screenshot_12.jpg
Screenshot_12.jpg (36.08 KiB) Viewed 5625 times
Screenshot_10.jpg
Screenshot_10.jpg (50.9 KiB) Viewed 5625 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hmm ground appears to be water there, which isn't right. Definitely an improvement, but still more to fix I think. I'll keep working on this for 0.0.7 proper.

Edit: I haven't been able to reproduce the water issue above in DX9. Do you know what town that screen was taken in? It might be an issue unrelated to tilemap shader.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Interkarma wrote:Hmm ground appears to be water there, which isn't right. Definitely an improvement, but still more to fix I think. I'll keep working on this for 0.0.7 proper.
It might be some pool in a town. I'll see how it works with the original DOS Daggerfall and with other saves in Unity Daggerfall.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Michael_TEFL wrote:
Interkarma wrote:Hmm ground appears to be water there, which isn't right. Definitely an improvement, but still more to fix I think. I'll keep working on this for 0.0.7 proper.
It might be some pool in a town. I'll see how it works with the original DOS Daggerfall and with other saves in Unity Daggerfall.
Cheers. It might just be an unfortunate spot. :)

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Oh, well...
It's probably still a minor glitch.
The same place: 1) DOSBox; 2) Unity 0.0.7 (pre-release). It's much better now anyway.
fall_001.png
fall_001.png (31.12 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
Screenshot_15.jpg
Screenshot_15.jpg (56.85 KiB) Viewed 5623 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks. Any chance I could trouble you to zip and send me that savegame so I can try to reproduce exactly at my end? Cheers. :)

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Interkarma wrote:Thanks. Any chance I could trouble you to zip and send me that savegame so I can try to reproduce exactly at my end? Cheers. :)
Sure. It's not my personal save, i've borrowed it from http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/menu.htm (look for Hulpin Geplestish)

Direct link http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/..% ... hulpin.zip

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

And it's Dragontail (Dragontail Mountains). The character is originally inside the local Order of Arcay.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Perfect, thanks. :)

Unfortunately can't reproduce by forcing DX9 in this case, ground is showing up correctly. I will have to come back to this one later I think.

I'm sticking by a DX11 minimum requirement (as it's required for Unity's Standard Shader), but will do what I can to get DX9 working over time.
TestDX9.jpg
TestDX9.jpg (61.08 KiB) Viewed 5618 times

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

It's ok.
Now when we have at least partially right ground textures and right lighting, small things can wait. Meanwhile i'll experiment with this pre-0.0.7 build more.
Anyway ground structures do work in most cases (screenshot 1), even if with some weirdness (a bench in a pool on the second screenshot).
Screenshot 2 is another save - Breemis Plersine, http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/menu.htm
http://www.icehouse.net/radu/dagger/..% ... reemis.zip
Thank you.
Spoiler!
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg (55.69 KiB) Viewed 5616 times
Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg (72.39 KiB) Viewed 5616 times