Build #124 Seemingly Non-existent Hooded Casual Cloaks [RESOLVED]

cmj2884

Build #124 Seemingly Non-existent Hooded Casual Cloaks [RESOLVED]

Post by cmj2884 »

I've always enjoyed putting a hooded casual cloak on my character for the aesthetic however since I started playing on Daggerfall Unity it would seem that the hooded casual cloaks have simply disappeared. Has anyone else had this problem?

Interkarma

Re: Seemingly Non-existent Hooded Casual Cloaks

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums! :)

All casual cloaks are technically hooded. Just like in classic Daggerfall select "Use" mode on the right and click on the cloak to cycle through its various states. Casual cloaks have around 6 different styles (e.g. hood up/down, sides over/behind shoulders).

Daggerfall Unity should select a random style for clothing items on generation, possibly this isn't working as intended. I've made a note to keep an eye on this during play and will raise a bug report if confirmed.

Here's my test character with a hooded casual cloak purchased from Daggerfall's Best Tailoring.

hooded-casual-cloak.jpg
hooded-casual-cloak.jpg (106.84 KiB) Viewed 1877 times

cmj2884

Post by cmj2884 »

I was unaware you could "use" the cloak to change the style, thank you for the tip! As for the random style generation, I do not think it is working correctly since all cloaks both casual and formal all spawn in vendors as the same style in my game.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

You are correct, clothing variants were not being randomised at creation time. This should be resolved now.

I believe this was done originally as there was some uncertainty around variant counts. This involved some manual fixes in the item templates file. I would have locked this to variant 0 as it could always be considered safe.

In any case, it should be OK to allow random clothing variants now. If there are any further variant bugs they will be picked up moving forwards.