Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
tuffgruff

Re: Daggerfall Unity Test Build 3

Post by tuffgruff »

Nice!

Issue: After the emperor's speech video, when I try to move the unity window (in windowed mode) the unity window hides below the lower edge of my screen, as far right as it can get depending on where in its title bar the mouse pointer is. Eventually just the window controls (close and minimize) are visible down in the right hand corner. What is left of the left side of the unity window is visible on the lower virtual desktop, at least if I start the unity window on the upper virtual desktop. I started the game on the bigger screen (DVI-0) in 1024x768.
This does not happen until the actual game begins in Privateer's Hold.
This is not changed by the graphics level (good, beautiful, ...) selected in the launcher.

Setup:
Computer
Processor: 8x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (on an Asus Gryphon motherboard)
Memory: 32886MB (19072MB used)
Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Display
Resolution 3610x1765 pixels (one 1050x1680 rotated screen plus one 2560x1600)
OpenGL Renderer Gallium 0.4 on AMD REDWOOD
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation

Devices
Host bridge: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 04) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])
Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-V (rev 04)
USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 04) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 04) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Z87 Express LPC Controller (rev 04)
SATA controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 04) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Redwood XT [Radeon HD 5670/5690/5730] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Redwood HDMI Audio [Radeon HD 5000 Series]

I use 2 virtual desktops, stacked vertically so I can go from lower to upper.

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

Another little weirdness - snow instead of sand.
You can see coordinates at the bottom of the screen (random location, the result of the console command "location 0").
Spoiler!
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg (89.65 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
Last edited by Michael_TEFL on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That nature set is texture.500, used in a sub-climate of swamp (which can experience snow). Not technically a bug in this case, but a valid combination for the climate processor in its current state. I find snow in this biome to be jarring also, even though it seems accurate to the game's own climate setup.

pestonoire

Post by pestonoire »

great work as always gavin. my saves weren't loading in build 2 but that appears to be all fixed now. everything else looks good. can't wait for the next release!

Michael_TEFL

Post by Michael_TEFL »

If it is relevant, i'll continue jumping to random locations and checking the images.
This one is strange too - again lots of water in a seemingly inappropriate place and "mossy stone" texture on the earth (is it the same texture as one in dungeons?).
Spoiler!
Screenshot_5.jpg
Screenshot_5.jpg (80.88 KiB) Viewed 3863 times

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Definitely keeping looking for bugs, but I don't think you need to keep looking for more occurrences of this one