[MOD] Archaeologists

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Archaeologists

Post by Hazelnut »

Just released v0.3 of the mod and updated the link in the first post. This new version doesn't have much extra but I wanted to get a fresh build released before I pick up work on this again. Thanks to TheLacus for helping me keep my hair by telling me what boneheaded action I'd done that stopped the mod packaging. Anyone loving the new world of Daggerfall modding that DFU is ushering in should be very grateful to him.

Added:
  • Two new JayH quests
  • Daedra summoning service
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Working on 0.4 and have the locator device purchasing & use refined nicely now. Cost starts at 1 holy tome/dagger + 4k gp at rank 2, through to only 400gp at rank 9. I've set the exploration percentage required to activate to 25%. (seems I am feeling much less brutal than when I wrote the first post with 5k and 50%)

I do think that these values will need playtesting and feedback if anyone is interested. Hopefully enough quests are in there now to make it interesting.

Will release after the next build of DFU is out since it requires some new hooks in the core.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This sounds awesome. :)

I'm aiming for a new release in next week or so, I just want to finish a few new effects I've been working on.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Glad it sounds awesome. I really have been lazy with this after the initial drop! :oops:

Anyway, just wanted to let anyone interested know that the first post has been edited so it's up to date with what I have got ready for release v0.4, although the changes are subtle. I suggest just re-reading rather than trying to spot the differences. :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Archaeologists #11: "On the Shoulders of Giants"

This feels a lot closer to what I believe Hazelnut expects for this guild. Now the challenge will be to apply it to a variety of circumstances.

This quest has a normal reward for a certain skill level and a bonus reward for higher skill. Get that Giantish to work!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Archaeologists #12: "The Lost Language"

Let's put those language skills to use, yes?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice, great job you guys doing with this! This will add a lot to the gameplay, I like the way it utilizes the game skills which were almost redundant before. Plus its a new game content to play thru, expanding the diversity of quests you can do in the game :geek:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

A new DFU build is out with the mod hooks needed, so I've now released v0.4 of the mod. This will work with DFU builds #133 or later. Download from here: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods/re ... ld-0.4.zip

Added:
  • Completed the purchasing system for locators
  • Implement messages when using locator devices
  • Add restrictions to locators
  • Add avoid death perk
  • Make mages guild an enemy faction
Note that the Mages guild will only be an opposed faction if you start a new character with this mod enabled. To update an existing character you would need to find the save folder, open FactionData.txt, search for "Key": 1000 then change the enemy1 value from 0 to 40. This is not really important to do, everything will work without doing this except you will not lose reputation with Mages guild as you gain it with Archaeologists. Note that unfortunately this release doesn't contain the latest 2 quests from Jay due to a git issue on his fork that I'm waiting for him to give me permissions to correct.

I've set the starting price of locator device charges for Field Officers (rank 2) to 4000 gold plus one holy tome or dagger. The price reduces each rank and when you become a Journeyman (rank 6) you no longer require a holy item, just 1200 gold. They're only 400 gold once you reach the highest rank.

For normal combat oriented characters who are not expected to go beyond being a Field rank, and are generally well off, this is intended to keep the locators as occasional use frustration avoiders for dungeons where you cannot find the objective. It should be a decision about whether to use one and incur the cost or not. For poorer less combat oriented characters who rise up the ranks of the guild, the locator should become cheap enough to be used regularly to minimise the combat / avoidance neccessary to reach the objective.

I all cases, the device will ony activate once you have explored a quarter of the dungeon (to 'attune' itself is the in-game rationale) so that dungeon exploration always remains a part of the DFU experience.

These elements need to strike the right balance for various character builds, so please playtest and provide feedback about these regarding balance and effect on gameplay. Thanks.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Got mine !
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just a heads-up: the contact information inside the setup screen is very truncated.