KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Adrinus

Re: KoW - Daggerfall Remaster 3.0

Post by Adrinus »

Yikes! Looks like enemy in-fighting got implemented... Time to add in those extra animation frames :(

pango

Post by pango »

Adrinus wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:11 pm Yikes! Looks like enemy in-fighting got implemented... Time to add in those extra animation frames :(
I think the only sane way to do that would be to rebuild 3d models of folks... And then at that point you can just drop the billboards and directly use 3d enemies :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

pango wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:14 pm I think the only sane way to do that would be to rebuild 3d models of folks... And then at that point you can just drop the billboards and directly use 3d enemies :)
Feel free to make, animate, and texture all those 3D models! :P

Until then, I'll stick with 2D art assets.

pango

Post by pango »

Sure, but creating (and keeping consistent) all the missing interframes for all the variants of town people of the different regions under all angles and all working positions is even more work, that's what Mark Jones understood back in the day...
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

pango wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:24 pm Sure, but creating (and keeping consistent) all the missing interframes for all the variants of town people of the different regions under all angles and all working positions is even more work, that's what Mark Jones understood back in the day...
All joking aside, you're totally correct. However, I find myself to be a terrible 3D modeller, I know no-one who can do it, and even if I did, I'd be hesitant to ask them to do all that work for me.

What's the saying: "If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail" ?

I can draw, so I do 2D assets.

pango

Post by pango »

Well, I know my way around Gimp, enough to entertain friends and colleagues, but wouldn't call myself a 2d artist...
And I have done no 3d modelling, so I can't help you there either :(
-- Charles Goodhart

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

pango wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:21 pm Well, I know my way around Gimp, enough to entertain friends and colleagues, but wouldn't call myself a 2d artist...
And I have done no 3d modelling, so I can't help you there either :(
It's all good, we just do what we can.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

All animation frames are in my mod, I decided not to delete them. IN 3.0 all are present. I have a version on my HDD where these frames are converted back to 256color pallete vanila daggerfall uses, but Ive found out that when they are imported to Unity, they are re-converted back to Truecolor, so the only thing we save by using them is HDD space but no difference with RAM and VRAM usage. So in new version, I will just use the truecolor ones.

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

pango

Post by pango »

With those dark dungeons, I've been toying with the idea of bright dungeon exits...

Ok course it would be even better with light sources (and distant bird chirps?), but that's out of my league...
-- Charles Goodhart