[MOD] Loading Screen

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Jay_H

Re: [MOD] Loading Screen

Post by Jay_H »

such555 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm please upload a version without .7zip extension, there is no way to open it on mac afaik.
I dunno if TheLacus will see this soon, so I'll help(?) by changing the archive type. Hope this helps.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1zHLxHq5 ... sp=sharing

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

such555 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:26 pm please upload a version without .7zip extension, there is no way to open it on mac afaik.
I found this link on the 7zip site; cannot guarantee; do not have a Mac:

https://www.keka.io/en/
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

such555

Post by such555 »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:44 pm
I dunno if TheLacus will see this soon, so I'll help(?) by changing the archive type. Hope this helps.

http://drive.google.com/file/d/1zHLxHq5 ... sp=sharing
thank you this one works.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H thank you for making a zip version. I'm a bit surprised to find that there are issues opening 7z on mac since it's a commonly used format.
Anyway, if this is a problem i'll use zip the next time ;)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

This mod stopped working with 7,2 tested on win64bit
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:21 pm This mod stopped working with 7,2 tested on win64bit
Thank you for report, new version 2.2.1 is on first page :)

Midknightprince

This works again, I'm also playing on the latest GitHub version as of 1/12/19.
Love this mod man thanks for fixing it.

Midknightprince

Still working on my end, Windows 10 and the current live build Are a Go !

P.s.Why does spell check keep adding capitals to my words ?

I'm too lazy to fix it it stays..

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

I have tried this mod for the first time with the latest build. It's beatiful! But the problem is that, at least in my computer and with my collection of mods, the longest loading times seem to be those of transitioning from interiors to exteriors or vice versa (e.g. exiting the Mage's Guild, entering a dungeon), which take like 4-5 seconds, and the fast travel time; and the loading screen doesn't show for those - only blackness and the HUD. It does show for loading a save game but that is much faster on my machine (like half a second or less).

I have checked and this behavior also happens if no mods are enabled except for Loading Screen (although in that case, it's not a practical problem because times to enter and exit interiors are much faster). I don't know if this behavior is intended or not, but it would be nice if the loading screen were used for interior-exterior transitions.

Edit: I have found the "Buildings" and "Dungeons" settings in the mod and now the loading screen appears when entering buildings and dungeons, but still not when exiting and on fast travel. These would be welcome additions.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:32 am I have tried this mod for the first time with the latest build. It's beatiful! But the problem is that, at least in my computer and with my collection of mods, the longest loading times seem to be those of transitioning from interiors to exteriors or vice versa (e.g. exiting the Mage's Guild, entering a dungeon), which take like 4-5 seconds, and the fast travel time; and the loading screen doesn't show for those - only blackness and the HUD. It does show for loading a save game but that is much faster on my machine (like half a second or less).

I have checked and this behavior also happens if no mods are enabled except for Loading Screen (although in that case, it's not a practical problem because times to enter and exit interiors are much faster). I don't know if this behavior is intended or not, but it would be nice if the loading screen were used for interior-exterior transitions.

Edit: I have found the "Buildings" and "Dungeons" settings in the mod and now the loading screen appears when entering buildings and dungeons, but still not when exiting and on fast travel. These would be welcome additions.
Thank you! I'll see if i can make these additions and release an update :)