Notebook, Enemy Spellcasting, And Bug Fixes

Discuss Daggerfall Workshop news articles.
Interkarma

Notebook, Enemy Spellcasting, And Bug Fixes

Post by Interkarma »

One more round of updates in what has already been a huge month of development. Click link below for full devlog article. :)

https://www.dfworkshop.net/notebook-ene ... bug-fixes/

Prester Lewin

Re: Notebook, Enemy Spellcasting, And Bug Fixes

Post by Prester Lewin »

Wow, looks great, with real quality improvements on classic. Gotta download this and replay my last dungeon full of ancient vamps to see what they can do now, too. Thanks to all you devs. It's very impressive that, even at this stage, the whole game is so stable and free of the kind of show-stopper bugs that find their way into so many pro game releases.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Excited to see Hazelnut's addition of the arrow counter, which Ziune Wolf and I had requested here (https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042). It's these small yet significant QOL improvements over classic that have me seriously jazzed about the potential of DFU. Great work, all.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Mike wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:35 am Excited to see Hazelnut's addition of the arrow counter, which Ziune Wolf and I had requested here (https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042). It's these small yet significant QOL improvements over classic that have me seriously jazzed about the potential of DFU. Great work, all.
You're welcome guys, thanks for the idea there. Keep the suggestions coming, this was a good one. You may also notice that when you click on a corpse with only arrows on it, you now auto-collect them - saving a few clicks, and helping prevent RSI for those playing archers. :D

EDIT: Oh, and Interkarma, the last screenshot of the character backgrounds is the town one not swamps which is what you've labelled it as.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Prester Lewin

Post by Prester Lewin »

By the way, it's great that we can now split stacks, including gold. That's a huge improvement on classic.

(I've been stockpiling ingredients and have about 600kg of green dragon scales in piles of about 100 kg each. This little change definitely helps with loot handling enormously.)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 am You're welcome guys, thanks for the idea there. Keep the suggestions coming, this was a good one.
Of course, there's already more in that topic for you! :) You'll find I'm very good at asking other people to do more work. Great implementation, and again, much appreciated. (Same kudos to the many other developers who contributed enhancements and bugfixes to the latest build, and to Interkarma for making it all possible.)

One separate suggestion on your equally amazing enhancements to the notebook and map: sorry if you've already done this (I can't test right now), but since you've now allowed cycling through the Journal window to access Active Quests, Completed Quests, and the Notebook, will you consider editing the button labels within the Journal and possibly within the main controls UI to make those choices clearer (instead of the generic "Dialog Notes" button currently shown in the screens)? Would make things much more intuitive for people not yet aware of your changes in particular.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have read that topic, and most of the suggestions are suitable for mods rather than the base game IMO so I won't be doing those. Sorry to disappoint. This was a great addition for archers rather than a change to classic, which is why I put it in. My main test char is an archer. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:36 am I have read that topic, and most of the suggestions are suitable for mods rather than the base game IMO so I won't be doing those. Sorry to disappoint. This was a great addition for archers rather than a change to classic, which is why I put it in. My main test char is an archer. :D
Ah, that's a shame. I'd find those almost all to be QOL improvements to base, no different from the addition of an arrow counter, but your call. Guess I'll need to wait for another dev/modder to make the ultimate DaggerUI mod! Thanks all the same.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This adds a whole new layer of dangerous! The first seducer I met stole 100 fatigue (70%) in a single spell, and then this was the second one. I wasn't ready to die! :lol:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Woo! I love it when a plan starts coming together. :)