Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
King of Worms

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by King of Worms »

Looks great, esp the last screen I like a lot! What postprocess effects are utilized here?

Rytelier

Post by Rytelier »

Official post-processing effects from package manager. Used ambient occlusion, bloom and color grading.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I took advantage of the new light settings. Oh, MAN! I am not turning them up again!

This is awesome! :D My wife and I were jumping every time a burglar or a zombie jumped out at us. Very appropriate for Halloween, in her words.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Glad you're enjoying, Jay! :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just some more fun with low light. I'm so glad this bugfix build came out! :D Daggerfall is seriously the kind of world I'd want to live in. I turned down dungeon and night light to zero and set player torch to 0.5, looking for oil and a lantern in a city before spelunking.

And it is awesome! :D

It feels like something out of Thief, where I should have a shadow meter nearby and walk more slowly to not attract attention. So cool! This plus Hazelnut's light enhancement are great additions to DFU.

(Hilariously, when I was taking the last screenshot a burglar spawned and shot me in the back. Well played, Daggerfall!)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

The night is cold and dark and deep... and something is gnawing on you with deadly teeth.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This is really nice. I've been playing a bit with darker worlds in my own time as well. The use of oil for lanterns to feed your personal light radius is inspired. Well done Hazelnut!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:03 am Just some more fun with low light. I'm so glad this bugfix build came out! :D Daggerfall is seriously the kind of world I'd want to live in. I turned down dungeon and night light to zero and set player torch to 0.5, looking for oil and a lantern in a city before spelunking.

And it is awesome! :D
Glad you're enjoying it. I leave the torch intensity at 1 myself, so I can see fairly well up close. Doesn't affect the range limit of the light sources, that's now set in the item template.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I still cant't believe how awesome all this stuff is, you guys blow my mind...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Meanwhile, Cybiades is actually Tamriel's Wakanda :lol: That's why we can never find any cities there!