Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Midknightprince »

Kamer wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:03 pm
Jay_H wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 am Hurray :) I've been playing with WA and PQ at the same time and I like their combinations. My newest character was almost sniped to death by an assassin directly out of Privateer's Hold. I just stepped out into the fresh air and heard "Never should've come here!" Then 2/3 of my life was gone :lol:
Hahaha that reminds me when i first was testing Warm Ashes. I left the beginning dungeon and got attacked by a swarm of bats.
It was giants for me.....woe is me....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

I just got jumped by a bunch of daedroth, at some random ruin.
Still working......

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just had the thought. What would you think about making an extension for villages? Take this example. When you're inside any village, a timer counts down to a possible trigger. If it's successful, you get a message:

"You hear rumors that this town has been taken over by (npc), a notorious bandit. The town guard are bribed and will do nothing or try to stop outsiders. Will you look for (npc) and help the city?"

Then it can use a spawn trigger to create an enemy inside a local residence, while enemies occasionally spawn around the village. You could ask for rumors inside the town to see if people know where to find the person.

I think everything's in place for this to happen in DFU, at least from what I can see.

Midknightprince

Jay_H wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:20 pm Just had the thought. What would you think about making an extension for villages? Take this example. When you're inside any village, a timer counts down to a possible trigger. If it's successful, you get a message:

"You hear rumors that this town has been taken over by (npc), a notorious bandit. The town guard are bribed and will do nothing or try to stop outsiders. Will you look for (npc) and help the city?"

Then it can use a spawn trigger to create an enemy inside a local residence, while enemies occasionally spawn around the village. You could ask for rumors inside the town to see if people know where to find the person.

I think everything's in place for this to happen in DFU, at least from what I can see.
Are you asking me ?
cuz you know I'm going to say yes.... :D

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you could program it that would be great :D I'm asking Kamer because the kind of quest programming required here is not my norm at all. I could take awhile to learn it but this is really not my domain.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I really like your mod, but damn, way too many spiders spawn and way too often :P

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Magicono43 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 am I really like your mod, but damn, way too many spiders spawn and way too often :P
Here: https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=433

Don't know if it still works, though.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Ha nah it's not an Arachnaphobia thing, just hate the bastards in swarms with their paralysis.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:20 pm Just had the thought. What would you think about making an extension for villages? Take this example. When you're inside any village, a timer counts down to a possible trigger. If it's successful, you get a message:

Will be in V3 :)
Last edited by Kamer on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Cool! Can't wait to give it a try :)