Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

I'm officially starting work on this right now. It's been a few months. I've been busy with life, games I've been meaning to play, chasing dreams, and really just working my day job. I'll be rusty but I should get the hang of it hopefully again fairly quick. I plan to overhaul the quest code, make it cleaner, and, hopefully, make the player skills helpful in detecting, sneaking, etc in random encounters. Not only that but I'm re-hauling the creature encounters to be more in line with the new infighting feature in DFU. Not only that but hopefully making things more balanced.In that idea I also plan on having events not only occur at certain locations, but also depend where the player is at, at all times. So now something could happen at any moment. For a short summary:

Warm Ashes V3 Concept Update:
-Skills/Repute effect encounters
-Better encounters (Better thought out, balance, etc)
-Less Conflict with DFU infighting
-More support for all locations (Villages, City's, Wilderness, anything can happen at any time!)
*Siege Mode will probably be removed for this release. I will need to clean that up nice and clean and have a better experience in the end*
Last edited by Kamer on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Darn, we may have some overlapping in my Perpetual Quests then if you're adding them everywhere :lol: We'll have to see how much they coincide. Keep steaming ahead and I'll adapt my plans, don't wait for me.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I love your mod. Trust me, I really wouldn't want them to overlap and not be compatible. I'll keep an extra eye out.
Last edited by Kamer on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Magicono43 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:05 am I really like your mod, but damn, way too many spiders spawn and way too often :P
The events are randomized, spiders must really hate you my man. Bad luck! And what a horrifying bad luck to have!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

To give an update on how things are, I have the Ruins dungeon type exteriors basically done and work and ready for more variables if I want. At the moment I am working on random encounters in the Wilderness. I don't want them to be too eventful for the most part as I'd like destinations to be where bigger events take place. It's more of a immersion setter for me.

So, while traveling in the wilderness:
-Every hour a random event could occur though with how often it checks, it should be a very low chance of an encounter.
-Players with good stealth skills and attempt to avoid dangerous events such as bandits
-Neutral events can also happen where the player runs into other travelers and there is no sight of conflict (at least till I implement something or we geta feature to check legal repute)
-Players can try their chance robbing neutral npc's on their travels
-Players with good weapon skills, or a good streetwise skill have a good chance at being successful

As well as the ruins:
-Good stealth/streetwise skill can help players avoid encounters
-A player with good reputations with certain factions (or a player with good language skills EXAMPLE: Orcish) can help them make friends with enemies and avoid dangerous encounters.

Spoiler!
Player with a good streetwise skill talks a Highwayman out of robbery.

Player runs into a group of travelers while out in the wilderness.

Player attempts to rob a traveler.

Player runs into a Dark Brotherhood member, but has a good reputation with the guild.

Player passes the stealth skill check and can attempt to sneak into some ruins.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice, love to see it reacting to player character like that!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

pango

Post by pango »

Looks very cool, can't wait to play with it :)
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im very happy to see a progress on this mod, love it!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is far better than what I had planned :lol: Great-looking stuff!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Hmm... Could add ambush and counter-ambush by PC and NPCs? Really cool mod. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.