[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks Nystul, I'll check when I can. Does this happen only if you run in editor mode or also with live build?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

only checked in editor - will check in live build tomorrow

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

#139 Win 7 X32 - I am running 3 low level DFU chars and 2 higher level imported classic chars. I just installed the Real Grass mod. It works fine with my 3 DFU chars, but my 2 imports crashed. I have a quad 6.2 gb CPU and 8 gb ram, which should be fine even for resource intensive mods. could it be an incompatibility with imports?

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

only in editor - tested with 64-bit build #62 - would be interesting which unity version was used for this build (was it already 2018.2.11f?)

Usernamicus

Post by Usernamicus »

I believe I'm having similar falling through the world issues with Dragontail Mountains and the jungled baronies such as Satakalaam and Mournoth, but I have yet to try them with the mod turned off so I can't say for sure if it's related to this mod or not.

Also a side note that I didn't think was a big enough deal to warrant screenshots, but I found a floating piece of grass in the sky out in the wilderness of Wayrest.

Great mod btw, I love it (aside from the falling issue of course).

EDIT: Win 10, 32 version I believe.
Attachments
Screenshot (439).png
Screenshot (439).png (296.6 KiB) Viewed 2740 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:32 am only in editor - tested with 64-bit build #62 - would be interesting which unity version was used for this build (was it already 2018.2.11f?)
I think the issue is that i assign a texture to a material on a gameobject which is loaded from the assetbundle without cloning it. When the game runs in editor mode, it might be working with a reference to the prefab rather than a live object, which is not allowed:

Code: Select all

Not allowed to access Renderer.material on prefab object. Use Renderer.sharedMaterial instead
I have not had time to check this is game yet, but i'm glad you solved with a workaround for now :)
johnwax wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 am #139 Win 7 X32 - I am running 3 low level DFU chars and 2 higher level imported classic chars. I just installed the Real Grass mod. It works fine with my 3 DFU chars, but my 2 imports crashed. I have a quad 6.2 gb CPU and 8 gb ram, which should be fine even for resource intensive mods. could it be an incompatibility with imports?
This mod has no effect on chars, but when you load a save the game need to create terrain and world, including making the grass. If you have a crash only with imported saves i don't think this mod is the issue, though.
Usernamicus wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 am I believe I'm having similar falling through the world issues with Dragontail Mountains and the jungled baronies such as Satakalaam and Mournoth, but I have yet to try them with the mod turned off so I can't say for sure if it's related to this mod or not.
When you have a crash, read the log (you can find the location here). It should help to point to the origin of the problem. ;)

I noticed that you both use a 32 bit build, might be related to ram usage.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

TheLacus wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:45 pm I have not had time to check this is game yet, but i'm glad you solved with a workaround for now :)
the workaround fixes the issues of my mod, but it does not resolve the problem of falling through the world (e.g. in Tigonus - Rhogilah) when real grass is the only active mod:

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

I am also experiencing the fall-through issue when I exit the Privateer's Hold for example... happens only when Real Grass is active. Win7 64bit and 16GB of RAM. At first I thought it is because of loading a save created under different DFU build, but I have just tried a new game, and it happens anyway.

EDIT: :D Tried something just out of curiosity. This particular fall-through issue seems to be related to season. When there is snow, I will fall though anywhere even after fast travel. Also, the terrain loading seems a bit faster than under normal situation. With normal, I mean when there is grass on the ground and I have no fall-through issues.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I'm running both DFU and imported classic chars. Works fine for the vanilla DFU chars but the imports crash - 1) If I'm outside, as soon as I load, or 2) if I'm inside, as soon as I try to exit outside. Maybe the classic imports have compatibility issues?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I'm aware of the issue with editor mode, which will be fixed in the next version.
Not sure about any issue met with a build. If you can send me a log and/or a save, it would allow me to easily try to reproduce it. :)