Quest Showcase

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Showcase

Post by Jay_H »

Perpetual Quest #22: "Blood Money"

One of the things I've worried about is that I've made my quests a bit too unique. What about the ordinary doings of the people of the Iliac Bay? I've tried to avoid duplicating quest content, but surely we should get into the mundane, person-to-person dealings that are going on all around. I expect to bring out a good amount of content with these everyday encounters.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Perpetual Quest #23: "To Give Life"

You will all notice in me a general bent towards good and lawful quests. I can't do that dark stuff for too long! :P

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Perpetual Quest #24: "Lost Jewelry"

A rumors and dialogue quest. I actually managed to use rumors properly and in a meaningful way! A milestone for me.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Keep up the great work Jay. :D

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:31 am A rumors and dialogue quest. I actually managed to use rumors properly and in a meaningful way! A milestone for me.
I like this ;)

Naotib

Post by Naotib »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:13 am Perpetual Quest #23: "To Give Life"

You will all notice in me a general bent towards good and lawful quests. I can't do that dark stuff for too long! :P
Just passed by to say I like your prose. Great work!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thank you! :) Without a doubt the vast majority of time I spend writing quests is on the dialogue. I try to get it as seamless as possible with classic Daggerfall, though some more experienced players would likely catch me on some detail or another.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Knightly Order #21: "Witch Hunt"

It's rather odd that knights and witches don't clash more often, don't you think? Perhaps there's some material there.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Fighters Guild #16: "The Chopping Block"

The Fighters Guild is morally neutral and willing to do dirty work, right? At the very least there should be some method to reclaim members outside the law (without resorting to the Dark Brotherhood; presumably an inside job will cost less).

The main incentive for this quest was to use Interkarma's new "fighters" place parameter. Now quests can be pointed specifically to a Fighters Guild hall!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Perpetual Quest Special: "Race to the _____"

Magicono43 offered in another thread an idea I haven't been able to ignore, one to add an urgent and very difficult task to the start of a game with a surprisingly big reward. This quest comes in 3 varieties for the three toughest enemies in the game, and in each case the PC has six months to slay it before it escapes. The reward is individual for each of the three quests, and I hope they'll be a welcome surprise. I've blocked out the reward in this case to avoid spoilers :D

If the PC wants to ignore this quest, the letter will disappear one week after it's received and no further mention will be made of it. This quest will only be offered to new characters upon activation of the Perpetual Quest system; it will never repeat after that.