[MOD] Distant Terrain

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
sebastian7

Re: [MOD] Distant Terrain

Post by sebastian7 »

Nystul wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:02 am Does this happen with the latest version of the mod? Last version should have fixed many of those issues. The 15 secs you are talking about is when the mod is creating the terrain transition ring I think. This is working as intended
Yeah I definitely have the latest version and the crashes are still happening - tried turning the terrain transition off, but this did not help.
Check out my let's play series of modded daggerfall where I showcase all the great work people here have done: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... hwqq1ioAdW

pango

Post by pango »

I'd like to report another issue that I discovered while testing something unrelated.
It happens with only Distant Terrain 2.4.2 installed (everything enabled, as default) but not with plain (#139 or dev version of) DFU; I could trigger it with different saves, so I hope it can be easily reproduced.
If I go to Shrine of Q'Olwen, Dragontail Mountains (way down south), then to The Laughing Gnome Hostel, Glenumbra Moors (on NW coast, at the opposite side of the map), travel days count down to 0 and stay there. If I exit the travel map, it looks like I arrived at destination, but I only see the village while I open the options menu, otherwise I get a black screen with just the compass moving.
Log contains, usually several times:

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DistantTerrain.DistantTerrain.UpdatePositionWorldTerrain (UnityEngine.GameObject& terrainGameObject, Vector3 offset) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DistantTerrain.DistantTerrain.UpdateWorldTerrain (DaggerfallConnect.Utility.DFPosition worldPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.StreamingWorld.RaiseOnTeleportToCoordinatesEvent (DaggerfallConnect.Utility.DFPosition worldPos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.StreamingWorld.TeleportToMapPixel (Int32 mapPixelX, Int32 mapPixelY, Vector3 repositionOffset, RepositionMethods autoReposition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.StreamingWorld.TeleportToCoordinates (Int32 mapPixelX, Int32 mapPixelY, RepositionMethods autoReposition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTravelPopUp.performFastTravel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallTravelPopUp.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
It doesn't happen if I travel directly to The Laughing Gnome Hostel.
(by the way mod options screen displays version 2.4.1, not 2.4.2)
Attachments
Player.log.zip
(11.01 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

yeah, mod 2.4.2 incorrectly shows 2.4.1 in the info text.

I will try to reproduce the problem

update: yes I can reproduce, I will take a look into it - thanks for reporting

update2: will be fixed in next version of the mod

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

an updated version 2.4.3 is available in the first post of this thread - it fixes the bug with near map border locations as well as the terrain transition ring issues when real grass mod is active

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

I am working on enhancing the ImprovedTerrainSampler in the mod to generate more interesting terrain in close range to player. It is less flat and similar to what Mountains and Hill mod does, it also takes climates into account - so more hills and spiky terrain nuances are generated in mountain regions for example.
Here are some screenshots of work in progress:

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

These look great! Looking forward to giving this a shot later. :D

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Oh wowee. That looks great!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nystul, the real magician! Thanks for working on this!

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

That looks really nice. Looking forward to seeing it in action. :)
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...Daggerfall Tourism just got better! :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.