[MOD] Real Grass 2

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: [MOD] Real Grass 2

Post by VMblast »

TheLacus wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 pm
King of Worms wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm I remember about the mist and flying bugs you talked about, is that still a thing which might eventually be implemented? It looked awesome as well.
I decided to choose quality over quantity and only kept a few butterflies and fireflies at random spots.
I figured that making mist effects look the way i intended would require too much time and would better be part of a weather/climate mod, which is not something i'm interested in right now.

Great job! ;)

Tho I have just one comment that needs addressing. Please keep textures in the original aspect ratio, as well scale (scale between all the grass plants).
For instance these two are the smallest and shortest grass plants. They can be described as just sticking from the ground for max 30cm. Also they are squared, or 1:1 ratio.

However, textures like these two are the tallest grass and have 2:1 ratio. Max height for these grass can go for 1.3m

This is exception. This grass texture is squared (1:1), but high as well -about 50-80cm

All in all when you follow these guidelines and when grass plants are all fairly good mixed together, grass should look something like this at the end. ;)

Keep up the good work! ;)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Released version 2.3.1 with fixes for editor mode and no water plants during winter.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

VMblast wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm Great job! ;)

Tho I have just one comment that needs addressing. Please keep textures in the original aspect ratio, as well scale (scale between all the grass plants).
Hey VMblast, thank you for your comments, i'll make use of them!
It's to note that grass size changes during the in-game year: max size is for summer, while it grows from a minimum size (and density) from winter-spring and then go back to it for fall-winter. I'm going to try to keep this behaviour while using the correct width-height ratio you pointed out for individual textures. :)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

TheLacus wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 pm
VMblast wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:21 pm Great job! ;)

Hey VMblast, thank you for your comments, i'll make use of them!
It's to note that grass size changes during the in-game year: max size is for summer, while it grows from a minimum size (and density) from winter-spring and then go back to it for fall-winter. I'm going to try to keep this behaviour while using the correct width-height ratio you pointed out for individual textures. :)
Hey thats awesome feature. I didnt know that you've made grass that grows. Really great work!! :)

Yeah, than its just about aspect ratio, just keep an eye on that. Thanks. ;)

PS -oh just noticed one thing in the mod (ingame). It looks like you've made a main featured grass plant this one:

But Ive made this grass to be just like an addition that is sprinkled in, to bring up the variety in grass. The main grass texture should be this one (for the fields):

Unfortunatelly there isnt much more variety in my textures except these 8 pieces. In ideal situations there should be withered grass, dry grass, shrubs...etc :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for all your the contributions VMBlast!
And ofc The Lacus, this mod is a must have :ugeek:

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I am running Win x32 and ver 2.0 won't load outside, although sometimes it snorts a bit and tries before crashing. I understand ver 2.31 has been released. Is it ready for download? And if so, where? Thanks for any help.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

New version is always available from first post. This is a direct link for convenience.
I'd like to help you with the problem you're facing, but you never sent me the log so i can't do much except suggest that the crash may be due the memory limitation of 32 bit process.

I will surely check for possible memory usage improvements for future versions, but this falls in the field of optimization. If that's the issue, for the moment i can only suggest to lower settings for this and other mods.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

the new version fixes the problems I had with falling through the world - thank you so much!

p.s.: new versions of enhanced sky, realtime reflections and distant terrain will land soon (only need to wait for WeatherManager changes to go into master before I can compile them)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Nystul wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm ...new versions of enhanced sky, realtime reflections and distant terrain will land soon...
Yes! :) Btw, is there a way to tweak the light levels in a enhanced sky mod? To me it feels like at the afternoon the light is way too bright and the game looses its atmosphere, it feels unnatural. Or is it something in the core game?

EDIT: Sry for derailing the topic, yes I love this mod as well, its essential one 8-)
Last edited by King of Worms on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:00 pm
Nystul wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:37 pm ...new versions of enhanced sky, realtime reflections and distant terrain will land soon...
Yes! :) Btw, is there a way to tweak the light levels in a enhanced sky mod? To me it feels like at the afternoon the light is way too bright and the game looses its atmosphere, it feels unnatural. Or is it something in the core game?
Lights are not touched in the mods for now, could be a future improvement (but let's not hijack the real grass thread)

I love the real grass, did I say this?