win64 0.5.541 Teleport into the sky while climbing

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jayhova

win64 0.5.541 Teleport into the sky while climbing

Post by jayhova »

Here's a weird one. I've managed to reproduce this a couple of times. While climbing an inn wall I cast a spell then continued to climb. Suddenly I was a couple of thousand feet in the air and outside the city. This was predictably followed by my death. After playing around for a bit I discovered that I did not have to cast a spell to get this to happen. Sometimes when climbing up (bumping my head on the eave) this would just happen. I am uploading my save game. Climb straight up from the right side of the door until you are stopped by the eave then mess around. Cast buoyancy or whatever eventually *Pop* Teleport.

SAVE10.zip
(151.47 KiB) Downloaded 103 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Re: win64 0.5.541 Teleport into the sky while climbing

Post by Interkarma »

This is an old bug that's been resolved as far as I know. Your build seems a bit old as well. The latest build is 0.5.603, or #140 on Live Builds page. Definitely the latest one when you can, lots of fixes in the Dec 12 builds. :)

jayhova

Re: win64 0.5.541 Teleport into the sky while climbing

Post by jayhova »

This is what happens when you don't keep up. BTW In the same save if I go and click on the fighter's guild in view mode I get nothing.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.