Dfu devs all of you !

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Narf the Mouse

Re: Dfu devs all of you !

Post by Narf the Mouse »

There are games that come along and you just know you need to play them. I saw the Daggerfall box in 1996, and checked the specs. Our computer couldn't manage it. I waited a whole year just to get a computer that could play Daggerfall. I have installed and played Daggerfall on every single PC I've ever owned. I learned to use DOSBox so I could play Daggerfall. I have installed VMs just to play Daggerfall.

No other game has gotten that much dedication for me.

I would have loved this project if all it did was let Daggerfall run natively on my computer.

In short, I guess what I'm saying is that I have literally included this project in my prayers. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

Thanks Midknightprince, it's satisfying just to work on this stuff in and of itself, but it's encouraging to know there's people playing it and enjoying it, too. :D

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:04 am There are games that come along and you just know you need to play them. I saw the Daggerfall box in 1996, and checked the specs. Our computer couldn't manage it. I waited a whole year just to get a computer that could play Daggerfall. I have installed and played Daggerfall on every single PC I've ever owned. I learned to use DOSBox so I could play Daggerfall. I have installed VMs just to play Daggerfall.

No other game has gotten that much dedication for me.

I would have loved this project if all it did was let Daggerfall run natively on my computer.

In short, I guess what I'm saying is that I have literally included this project in my prayers. :)
For reals !
Every damn time I get a PC this is the game I have to put on there first, even when I format, and I barely even play it I just have to do it.
The mods are just like icing, if it was just straight-up souped-up classic, I would still be all over this thing..

These dudes are freaking me out though, there is 60 plus dollar games out with the DLC and the microtransactions, that don't have half as much stuff as this thing already does, and this thing is already less buggy, and it's Daggerfall !
That freaks me out the most, this game is Daggerfall, and these guys are making it better then anything new coming out I can even think about, Maybe warband, but dang, I've been playing games since before there was really even an industry, I've never seen anything like this, it's not just a mod for classic anymore.
It's like the super special thing, by the community for the community.
It is still classic, but wow, it is so unlike classic that I ever played...
These guys have skill..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

7.2 is good for me so far.
All the potions I have so far work, I'm going to start brewing them this weekend, I can finally see the fog, the climbing on the roof is pretty cool, and I'm going to get infected and see what the big deal is with vampyrism because I never did it in classic so I will be referring to the unofficial pages on this one.
Good stuff with this one guys, and I'll just put all my compliments and butt kissing stuff here, because sometimes I just got to do it :D

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for all your encouragement MP, it means a lot. :)

Hold up on the vampirism for a bit, it's a long way from done and you can't catch it in the wild yet (need to use console). I'll drop an article when it's ready for play testing.

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Kudos to all devs :D I'm adding my voice to MP and all others here to thank you all for this incredible work of love. I've worked in the software industry previously and what you're doing goes above and beyond anything I've ever seen.

I just started checking this 2 weeks ago and the progress in those 2 weeks is just awesome. Keep it up guys, here's 1 more person who got your back :) (with rapier and invisibility in this case...)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers! :)
Alyndiar wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 pm here's 1 more person who got your back :) (with rapier and invisibility in this case...)
/Looks nervously behind self

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks for the support and encouragement from you all. As Interkarma says it does help. We do this for love of it, but as the hours upon hours rack up it's very refreshing to know there are people enjoying and appreciating our efforts.

Now go mix some potions... :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Midknightprince

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:07 pm Thanks for the support and encouragement from you all. As Interkarma says it does help. We do this for love of it, but as the hours upon hours rack up it's very refreshing to know there are people enjoying and appreciating our efforts.

Now go mix some potions... :lol:
I hear that, what's the state of vampirism in 0.7.2 ?
Trying to catch it, I finally found a dungeon with them, I'm a high elf, am I immune to it ?
I don't think I am, just paralysis right ?
So I should be catching it and there's no sign that you have it until you sleep right ?
It says you have to die first on the unofficial pages I just don't remember it doing that in classic
I thought I rested, maybe it was lycanthropy...
I know you rest for lycanthropy...
I'm going to do this stuff all weekend just get back to me when you can thanks man.
And yes I'm looking at the unofficial pages to..

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:20 pm I hear that, what's the state of vampirism in 0.7.2 ?
Quoting Interkarma:
Hold up on the vampirism for a bit, it's a long way from done and you can't catch it in the wild yet (need to use console). I'll drop an article when it's ready for play testing.

Give us a chance mate! ;-)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods