Screenshot thread

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jayhova

Re: Screenshot thread

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:49 am The face looks very good, you improved this one nicely! Dont tell me you can draw faces like THAT? :geek:
Also, all the subtle changes, better bottle, change in clothing in the middle etc... its much better than the source file, well done
This fits the game better, and thats the point

Heres the source file, which is not from original Dagger art either
Spoiler!
182_11-0.png
Drawing faces like that is easy. Anyone can do it. All you need is good source material. Start with a human face, trace, color, Bingo! Most of what I did was look at something and ask, where is the light coming from? Is that symmetrical? For me hands are the hardest. As humans we are very focused on what hands look like and when something is wrong with them it sticks out.

I couldn't really do a picture like this but I had very good material to work from. The things that needed correcting were mostly technical. Look at the bottles. Are they symmetrical? if Not that's an easy fix. Find the center line, take the side of the bottle you like, make an outline then flip it and align with the center and work from there. Bottle tops are going to be perfect ovals. If not make a outline of a perfect oval and match it and make sure that is perpendicular to the center line. Correcting for perspective is not that hard once you understand that you are standing look at her eyes with your eyes so the vanishing point is right behind her head. The top of the wine bottle is even with her eyes so we see it in pure profile, The goblet we will just barely see the inside, the cheese we can just see is a wedge, the water jug we can see the open mouth of and finally we can clearly see the tops of her feet.

I'm not quite done. I need to work on placing shadows where they are needed to actually make the image 3 dimensional. It's important to know where the light is going (highlights etc.) but also to know where it can't go. I know the face is way too nice for a medieval setting but it is a fantasy game.
Last edited by jayhova on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

pango

Post by pango »

One lost night on a lonely country road, looking for a short-cut that I never found, I've seen dark shapes (sticks, triangles) surrounded by blue or green aura in the sky...
aurore boreale.jpg
aurore boreale.jpg (91.24 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
aurore boreale 2.jpg
aurore boreale 2.jpg (85.37 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
aurore boreale 4.jpg
aurore boreale 4.jpg (85.47 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
That's rather random, only shows up for a fraction of second while I move or look around, and I have several mods enabled, enhanced sky, real grass, post processing, realtime reflections, distant terrain, so...
Who implemented The Invaders into Daggerfall Unity? :lol:

Merry Christmas to you all!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Spoiler!
aliens1-5ad5062f3037130037462d1c.jpg
aliens1-5ad5062f3037130037462d1c.jpg (136.47 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

pango

Post by pango »

My point exactly :p
Since it happened again right after reloading my game, I'm attaching a gamesave

P.S. For the record, I think this is related to Postprocessing mod's screen space reflection with quality = low
Attachments
SAVE143.zip
(229.92 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by pango on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ive found a inviting graveyard for some pillaging :twisted:
Grave.jpg
Grave.jpg (385.35 KiB) Viewed 2211 times

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:33 am Ive found a inviting graveyard for some pillaging :twisted:
Grave.jpg
Standard adventuring laws - If it's full of monsters, all its treasure is yours if you can clear it.

Otherwise, you'd be arrested for clearing graveyards. And you're not. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

This is bug of original game, with this one pixel tall green light, if I remember correctly?
Spoiler!
Haha, is this even legal

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

"You meet thieves intent on taking your belongings."
NotTooIntent.jpg
NotTooIntent.jpg (280.07 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
A moment later:
"You pacified Rogue using Streetwise skill."
"You pacified Rogue using Streetwise skill."

...What, did my character flash a gang sign? lol
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I sense hostility...
ISenseHostility.jpg
ISenseHostility.jpg (442.77 KiB) Viewed 2065 times
The Inn is "The Devil's Jug", and this is the town of Laming...

...Maybe I should have just slept somewhere else. :lol:

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

In city of Daggerfall there is two shops called King's Books. I was ordered by Guild of Fighters to remove bats and rats from one of this shops, but looks like there no monsters in any of this stores

It always bothered me that dungeon exterior castles often big and looks like proper real life castles, while real working castles - like Daggerfall one and regional is much more tiny and smaller than some noble people buildings