Super Simple Question

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
CaelThavain

Super Simple Question

Post by CaelThavain »

Maybe I'm dumb, but I really need help. From what I understand you can rest in Daggerfall to regain hp and stuff. I searched up that it's in the original, but I can't find out how to rest for the life of me in DF Unity. What button is it? Is it in a menu? pls I'm noob.

Sorry if this isn't quite the right place to post this, but I didn't see anything else that I thought to be a better spot to post.

pango

Re: Super Simple Question

Post by pango »

Welcome to the forums, CaelThavain

The default key for resting is R; you can check and modify controls by pressing ESC then CONTROLS button.
I noticed recently that the embedded tutorial never mentions how to rest, even if it warns about trying to rest in town streets. Maybe it was obvious enough in the default Daggerfall interface, which was icons based, and had a "campfire" icon for resting...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

ftr89wgbtf4

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

Last edited by ftr89wgbtf4 on Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

OP, when you hit "Escape" to save/load or leave the game, you'll see a "Controls" button. Click it and it'll show you every move and action key in the game.

CaelThavain

Post by CaelThavain »

pango wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:55 am Welcome to the forums, CaelThavain

The default key for resting is R; you can check and modify controls by pressing ESC then CONTROLS button.
I noticed recently that the embedded tutorial never mentions how to rest, even if it warns about trying to rest in town streets. Maybe it was obvious enough in the default Daggerfall interface, which was icons based, and had a "campfire" icon for resting...
Yep I am dumb, I couldn't find the rest button in the controls before, but I see it now. Thank you though! Apparently I needed this.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

CaelThavain wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:59 pm
pango wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:55 am Welcome to the forums, CaelThavain

Yep I am dumb, I couldn't find the rest button in the controls before, but I see it now. Thank you though! Apparently I needed this.
Nah. You just took the same Spot Check flaw at character creation as I did.

...I tell you, the mayonnaise jar knows how to hide. It's like a ninja! :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.