0.7.2 Poison damage to attributes does not persist after curing poison [RESOLVED]

ftr89wgbtf4

0.7.2 Poison damage to attributes does not persist after curing poison [RESOLVED]

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

So, my character was poisoned during a dungeon crawl. I noticed that his willpower was decreased as a result of the poison. Not knowing much about how poison works, I looked on the UESP, and found this article:
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Poison

According to the article, curing the poison shouldn't be enough to restore the damaged attributes - that would require a separate Heal Willpower spell. So I ran down to the Mages Guild and made myself Cure Poison and Heal Willpower spells. Upon curing the poison, I discovered that my character's willpower had been restored as well, even though I hadn't yet cast Heal Willpower. Is this a bug in DFU? Is the UESP wrong? Or am I just missing something here?

I should mention also, this character has a Critical Weakness to Poison. Not sure what's implemented yet on that front - effect systems page appears outdated when it comes to advantages/disadvantages.

Interkarma

Re: Poison and Attributes

Post by Interkarma »

Poisons and diseases don't currently apply permanent stat loss. I wasn't certain of that at the time I implemented, but it's not hard to fix (e.g. Drain Attribute causes permanent stat loss until Heal Attribute is called). If this is confirmed as incorrect behaviour, I'm happy to accept this as a bug report. :)

The special advantages/disadvantages were just added to effect roadmap on Dec 24, I haven't had a chance to fill them in yet. Will work through this as I get time.

ftr89wgbtf4

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

Excellent! And no rush on the roadmap. I will play around in classic a bit, and hopefully get more info on this.

Feralwarlord

Post by Feralwarlord »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:21 am Poisons and diseases don't currently apply permanent stat loss. I wasn't certain of that at the time I implemented, but it's not hard to fix (e.g. Drain Attribute causes permanent stat loss until Heal Attribute is called).
It may not be a bad idea to have an effect for both temporary and permanent stat loss like morrowind and oblivion if you don't already (I have no idea if this was a thing in og daggerfall)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just looking at the code again now, and I have already made provision for damage to attributes persisting until healed, even after poison is cured. I seem to have been misremembering my own work in earlier post, but I crank out so much of this stuff its hard to keep the minor details straight sometimes. :) Anyway, If this didn't work for you, I've likely made an error with this mechanic.

I'll move this to bug reports now and do a quick review of the code later. Thanks for letting me know!

ftr89wgbtf4

Re: 0.7.2 Poison damage to attributes does not persist after curing poison

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

Just bumping because from your last post, it sounded like this was to be moved to bug reports. :?

pango

Post by pango »

When this is implemented, temples will have to be able to fix damaged attributes too...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Is this bug now fixed as of version 0.10.14 as to options to cure persistent attribute damage due to poison (the issue here), as was recently suggested in a separate topic regarding options to cure temporary attribute damage due to disease and persistent attribute damage due to enemy drain attribute spells (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3128&p=36187&hilit=attribute#p36187)? I.e. do temples (for members) and custom spells now allow the healing of persistent attribute damage incurred due to poison or drain attribute spells, as was the case in classic Daggerfall?

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Temples now correctly heals damaged attributes and custom spells too(tested this with my other character). Had to cure myself several times today...damn rogues.