Df modelling

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Zadroter

Df modelling

Post by Zadroter »

Hello, sorry for most probably not very smart question, but is it possible to extract entire city blocks with ground? Thanks.

Interkarma

Re: Df modelling

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums! :)

Unfortunately DF Modelling alone cannot do this. But if you grab a copy of Unity and the source project for Daggerfall Unity, you can use the embedded DFTFU (Daggerfall Tools for Unity) to import blocks with ground directly into editor and export them from there. There are a number of tools that can export scene objects back to external model files again, the challenge is just getting them into the scene in the first place.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Thank you for answering! I'am not much in unity, sadly, only thing I can do is 3d models. I imagine it may be great if unity had Creastion Set like does morrowind, oblivion and all other modern bethesda games, when you have just program that you can start and do edition of game without getting into unity edgine editor. But I understand that it will be hard to make and not a priority now. I think I try make something, and then in case ask help of forum people, if I had some troubles.

To not make too many pointless threads, I seen there was theme with options for player to set vanilla-like sseings to have more classic graphic, but I lost this forum posts. Please, post how to make it again, if you can, and also is there way to have terrain elevation deatures from awesome mods, but keep detalsation of ground on vanilla level? Like you know, edgy.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Zadroter wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:51 am I seen there was theme with options for player to set vanilla-like sseings to have more classic graphic, but I lost this forum posts. Please, post how to make it again, if you can
Was it this? :) viewtopic.php?t=881

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Yeah! Thank you. However, looking at 320x240 resolution, I think what I really need is only less awesome lights effects and already metioned classic terrain