Persistent Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
LypyL

Persistent Dungeons

Post by LypyL »

Like the title says, this mod makes dungeons persistent so you can leave a dungeon and come back and stateful objects will remain like you left them (enemies, loot, doors, platforms & levers etc). By design, quest items / enemies should be ignored, so there should be no impact on quests.

Settings:
  • Max Game Days To Remember Dungeon - Set how many in-game days to track dungeons. Set to 0 for unlimited time.
  • Corpse Decay Time - How many in-game days before enemy corpses go away. Corpses will take their loot with them. Set to 0 for unlimited time.
  • Max Number of Dungeons To Remember - The maximum number of dungeons to keep track of. If this is exceeded, stored data for dungeons will be removed starting with the oldest. Set to 0 for unlimited number of dungeons to remember.
  • Ignore Main Quest Dungeons - If checked nothing will be saved for special dungeons.
  • Use Disk for Temp Storage - If checked dungeon data will be stored using temporary files. This is mainly for people who want to track a large number of dungeons.
Console commands:
  • pd_clear - will delete all data for tracked dungeons.

Known Issues:
  • Teleporting / recalling into an already saved dungeon, our out of a dungeon are currently not supported.
  • Doors and action objects (levers, platforms etc) are saved while in motion, so it is possible to leave a dungeon while they're moving and come back later and they will start where they left off.
Download

Jay_H

Re: Persistent Dungeons

Post by Jay_H »

:shock:

This is what I love about this community: people just show up with awesome mods with no warning whatsoever :lol: It's amazing how many people asked for this but I didn't think anyone would do it!

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

:shock:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I assume you just added the mobs etc to the scene cache, everything should just work then. Did you encounter any issues?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I have wanted this since 1997.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

This is pure awesome.
LypyL wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:54 am By design, quest items / enemies should be ignored.
"Ignored" means obtained quest items/defeated enemies don't reset/respawn, correct? I.e. their state, like the other aspects of an explored dungeon when using this mod, is persistent.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Presumably it means quest things won't be affected for good or evil by this mod: they won't be prevented from spawning or kept in scene by it.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks, Jay, but I'm especially interested in enemies not respawning (which would be the best part of this mod to my mind, if that's the case). Otherwise, I suppose the main change this mod makes to dungeons is only that non-quest loot and activators don't reset?

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Every time I enter Privateer's Hold, the rat, bat, and Imp are there. It's not been more than five? days. I haven't gone more than a few hours ride from Gothway Garden. Will have more info later.

Edit: The previous corpses are there.

Edit2: The Orc in the side room off the audience chamber remains dead.

Edit3: The Imp in the ritual room off the audience chamber came back, as did their treasure.

Edit4: The rogue in the coffin off the audience chamber room did not.

Edit5: The archer in the room with the tables, off the audience chamber, between the room with the two rats and the boxes, and the stairs from the lower corridor, returned.

Anyway, I'll wait for a reply. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for the testing, Narf - it's still not clear what exactly the mod does/doesn't do (i.e. which specific aspects of a dungeon aren't "reset", and what that means in terms of gameplay for each aspect), but we'll see.