New Weapon Wishlist

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Feralwarlord

New Weapon Wishlist

Post by Feralwarlord »

Since new weapons a probably going to get modded in eventually I figured I'd start this topic to give mod creators some ideas of weapons that people would like to see added to the game.

Short spear (1 handed spear)
Long spear (2 handed spear)
Crossbow
Halberd
Bardiche (and other pole-arms)
Throwing spears/javelins (I see throwing weapons as being all 1 handed)
Throwing stars
Throwing knives
Throwing axes
Darts

Zadroter

Re: New Weapon Wishlist

Post by Zadroter »

You may add there Slings too.
But what I want more - more 1st person weapon models for existing weapons, since not all weapon types have their own unique sprites, like katanas. Honestely this first person sprites made from very basic 3d renders and it be 5 minute of work to make something like that or even new weapon sprite, however to make it looks absoluetly like it was done in original game it may be not super easy.

Narf the Mouse

Re: New Weapon Wishlist

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Two-handed throwing axes are a possibility, probably. An axe by its shape and weight is always going to be pretty aerodynamic. Just possibly too long to throw/practically.

I would like to see warhammers that don't look like sledgehammers, but in a world like Elder Scrolls, you can make the argument that you need that mass. ...basically I just want to finally see "realistic" warhammers in an RPG.

Aside from that, directional damage that varies by weapon, maybe? But that's more of a damage mod thing...

Oh, and staffs should swing a lot faster than they do. But there is some balance things there, because I remember them being the best weapons for enchanting.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.