The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
pango

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by pango »

Welcome winston!
winston wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:45 am It just amazes me how one relatively unknown PC title from the 90s can have such a tight-knit community full of people who love and appreciate the game, let alone still play it. To me, this goes to show just how well Daggerfall has aged despite its flaws.
Well, flaws work both ways.
Of course, had the game been too buggy (and maybe it was upon release; the last official release from Bethesda can still corrupt saves!) it could have killed the fun and we would not be talking about it today.
But people that went past the clunky interface and the occasional bugs may have had a glimpse at the diamond in the rough, and the huge ambition of Daggerfall's game designers.
For those, flaws transformed into a desire for the game to be restored. The shortcomings, results of both the game development being rushed (less than 2 and half years of development) and technological limitations of the time, became calls for a remake.
Specially since this game still feels unique to this day.
winston wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:45 am This board has a really cool vibe and I hope to get involved in a few neat projects somewhere down the line. I also happen to be in the very early stages of developing a DOS-like first-person adventure game, and would welcome any suggestions or comments from anyone who might be interested.
I'm also amazed by the quality of the discussions in those forums. We all mostly share common goals, and there's certainly something to be said about Interkarma's patience and fairness being communicative, but it's also in the end every member's doing, so kudos everyone.

Best of luck in your own projects!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:12 pm
Alyndiar wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:10 am but got lost in the immensity of the world and spent too much time doing side quests to ever get far in the game :roll:
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point, here? That sounds like perfectly normal Daggerfall gameplay. :D I don't play Elder Scrolls games for the main quest... ;)

Anyway, Merry Christmas, everyone!
:lol: Yeah, I know right!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Hello. I'am long time observant on forums and also trying to follow project trought twitter! I'am big fan of Elder Scrolls 2 daggerfall and fan of this project and people aroud there who make it possible and also creating mods.
I registered, because I want try to do something myself - looking at Daggerfall potential and what people around there doing, all this mods and new ideas and research about game, really makes me contribure at least something.
For quite some time I maded some videos about Daggerfall Unity project and Daggerfall game itself on mine youtube channel, trying to interested russian-speaking fans of tes into this game. Thanks for all of us who resurrected daggerfall comuniy
(P.S. forums style reminds me of Project Tamriel ones very much!)

quasifex

Post by quasifex »

For quite some time I maded some videos about Daggerfall Unity project and Daggerfall game itself on mine youtube channel, trying to interested russian-speaking fans of tes into this game.
The Internet is such a small place. I actually learned about this project from one of your videos. Well met.

P.S. Сорри за ненужное замечание мистер Лютый, но вам крайне нужно подтянуть свой английский. Ошибка на ошибке! :geek:

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

P.S. Сорри за ненужное замечание мистер Лютый, но вам крайне нужно подтянуть свой английский. Ошибка на ошибке! :geek:
I not hide my english level, It is very poor and always was like it. Only worse is my german. :D I'am not very languge guy, sadly. Sorry english speakers for my typos.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello to the DFU team and community!

I was more active on Bethesda's forums in and before 2012, sometimes on the Past Games forums. I remember Interkarma and the tools you made to look at Daggerfall's files/models (or something like that. It's been a while. :) )

I came across DFU when watching Indigo Gaming's excellent documentary on Daggerfall on YouTube.
After watching some gameplay videos I decided to check it out by myself and man was I flabbergasted!

After installing several mods (D.R.E.A.M., Daggerfall's Remastered Music, Jay_H's Quest Pack and Mountains and Hills), my eyes couldn't believe what I was seeing when I exited Privateer's Hold. I've been playing Daggerfall classic once every year since 1996 and this time I'll be playing Daggerfall Unity. (By the way, I only managed to finish Daggerfall's Main Quest 4 years ago.)

So anyway hello everyone. I absolutely love Daggerfall Unity and I've been enjoying my playing time so far as a Nord Barbarian working for the Fighters Guild in Daggerfall Province. Once the Crime and Punishment features will be implemented, I'll be playing my favourite race and class : Khajiit Burglar.

I'll be taking a look too at how to mod DFU.

Happy New Year in advance! :)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Cliffworms! Thank you for your kind words, and Happy New Year. :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I had a suspicion about this thread, and after investigating, that suspicion was confirmed.

This thread is missing something.

Hello!

This thread is no longer missing something. :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Sorry english speakers for my typos.
@Zadroter: Your English is quite good for a Vortigaunt!

@Narf the Mouse: I see what you did there... ;)

Daichi

Post by Daichi »

HELLO WORLD !!

Who I am ? I'm a French player of ALL TES ! (19) I discovered Daggerfall 2 years ago, and my English has just reached a level sufficient to speak it on a forum (well ... thank DeepL anyway !). Sorry in advance for the space between my words and the "! ? : ..." ^^'
For 2019, I wanted speak here, because I don't want to hide behind my screen anymore :lol:
Play to DFU is difficult because of the language (our French translation patch for basic Daggerfall is not compatible with), but I persist ! My English will improve well one day.

My name and age remains private, but I can tell you one things : I love the King of Worms :heart:

I am also a small translator of mod from the "Brotherhood of Translator", community for Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, NV, 4, and more ! One day, maybe, our website will welcome the translation of the DFU mods ? ;)

Heart on you, and Happy New Years !!
I'm French !! INCREDIBEULE ! And I'm not good in English xD