[MOD] Fancy Vitals Indicators

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

[MOD] Fancy Vitals Indicators

Post by VMblast »

Again, just a small contribution. I was interested to see how this will look ingame. I guess it can pass. Its not completely in style of the DF as it is maybe a bit fancy looking, but to anyone who wants to try it out -here you go:

Graphics: Image Image Image

Install: Download it and put it under .../DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures\Img\ (rename health (MAIN04I0.IMG.png); rename stamina (MAIN03I0.IMG.png); rename mana (MAIN05I0.IMG.png))

PS - I would usually make them much thinner, however the game doesent let me (it rescales it back). :P

ADDENDUM 1

Ive made these painted vitals as well.

Graphics: Image Image Image
FANCY VITALS 2.zip
(68.78 KiB) Downloaded 3202 times
Last edited by VMblast on Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pango

Re: [MOD] Fancy Indicators

Post by pango »

Hi VMblast,
Sweet, more mods :)

However it would be simpler if you made an archive (zip, rar,...) of the 3, that way, only one download needed, and you can give each texture the correct name...
Something like that, but feel free to add a Readme.txt, etc:
Attachments
FancyVitalIndicators.zip
(68.4 KiB) Downloaded 1508 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Re: [MOD] Fancy Indicators

Post by VMblast »

@pango
Ah ok, thanks for the archive pack. I am old fashion guy. Good to know for the next time lol ;)

pango

Re: [MOD] Fancy Vitals Indicators

Post by pango »

I'm old fashioned too, I kept the indicators in the original green - red -blue order :lol:
-- Charles Goodhart

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ah yeah, I forgot about that lol. Yeah I've just realized that Ive made those indicators in newer style -red is health, green stamina and blue mana/magica.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I dunno, they look kinda "mystic" to me, which fits with Elder Scrolls. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Hmm... directory junctions work in the other folders, but not "../Textures/Img/".
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

Directory junctions, what do you mean by that?
-- Charles Goodhart

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

pango wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:18 am Directory junctions, what do you mean by that?
They're like shortcuts, only part of the filesystem, rather than just a file that the OS treats as part of the filesystem. So they should work with any code that calls OS functions to scan a directory - Theoretically. In practice, it depends on the OS, the OS function, and how recursive it is.

On Windows, you can create them by typing "cmd" into the search bar, running the Command program under administrator privileges, and typing:

mklink /J "link/from/" "link/to/", where "link/from/" is the name and location of the new directory junction, and "link/to/" is where it leads to.

So I've been using that to link in mods, as opposed to copy/paste.

Edit: You don't actually need quotes if there's no spaces in the path, but practically speaking, "just add quotes" is easier. :)
Last edited by Narf the Mouse on Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Post by pango »

Ok, that's called symlinks (for symbolic links) on Unixy systems. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work then.
-- Charles Goodhart