Universal game data patch

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Zadroter

Universal game data patch

Post by Zadroter »

Looking that defolt version that recommended for unity is actualy compilation of fan patches, and there some awesome mods already on forums which fix game data, like recent fix of pedastrians appearing, and considering how many gamedata related bugs in game, I trought that universal unofficial patch, that combined all previous related patches and also fix as many data-related bugs and unfinished things as possible would be neat thing to have.
A lot interiors and some exterior models need fix of UV, there some unused blocks and blocks with errors - like Taverns that not actual taverns, or some NPCs that exist but not spawned anywhere in game or spawned wrong or even spawned more times that it need to be. And having such universal pach which will fix all this will remove neccecerity of playing with Daggerfall_Setup version - clean daggerfall+this pach may become universal standart for everyone.

King of Worms

Re: Universal game data patch

Post by King of Worms »

yes please :)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I would prefer fixing Classic bugs with DFU mods, so we have a consistent base to draw from. :)

...But I would also definitely prefer patched bugs! lol
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

I would prefer fixing Classic bugs with DFU mods, so we have a consistent base to draw from.
Aren't it be more consistent, if there will be universal path for gamedata, and instead having multiple Daggerfall versions to run from DFU, there be one standart with everything data-related included? I'am not a pro however, I don't know anything about how to modify original game files and honestely, don't know much about how to mod unity too.
I tried to fix UV on some model. I, using Daggerfall Modelling program extracted it, and imported in 3ds MAX. First problem is that in viewports some surfaces appeared black. It not "flip" issue, not lights looks like, so I don't know what it is. However, while render picture everything appears to be good. In blender I sadly soooo n00b I can't even manage basic things, so this is not an option too :(
But if without this minor issues, I managed to fix UV of one of the models in game - 74033. There is the result. However, I don't know one bit about what I need to do with it next