KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ACNAero

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by ACNAero »

Unfortunately I can't find what the xml file was named, nor what code i'd need to put in it (unless it's empty as a dummy file or something). :(

Edit: found the file names by extracting the mod txt file. I'm just guessing that they go into streamingassets\textures\img. Giving them a shot as blank files to see if that does anything.

Edit 2: Game crashes on launch if they're blank files. There's txt files here with the code, but I don't know what to change the values to to make the size vanilla.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

COMPASS is 322x14, COMPBOX is 69x17. Weird numbers because they correspond to the resolution of compass texture in classic Daggerfall. :)

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

No more eyestrain! Thanks Lucas :mrgreen:

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Great work, KOW! Really looking forward to updating when I get home tomorrow!

Also, thanks for adding the link to my work under the recommended mod list. :)
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Would it be possible to use a percent of screen size?
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

KoW - great work, and glad to see you've converted the mod to .dfmod packages - can't wait to test when I get access to my main computer again soon! By the way, any chance you'll be able to merge AlexanderSig's Model Replacement Project mod into D.R.E.A.M.? It seems an extension of this mod, in that both focus on upgrading classic textures and models.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

mikeprichard wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:13 pm KoW - great work, and glad to see you've converted the mod to .dfmod packages - can't wait to test when I get access to my main computer again soon! By the way, any chance you'll be able to merge AlexanderSig's Model Replacement Project mod into D.R.E.A.M.? It seems an extension of this mod, in that both focus on upgrading classic textures and models.
AlexanderSig's mod replaces models, while this one replaces vanilla textures. IMHO they should be kept separated. ;)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

TheLacus wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:07 pm AlexanderSig's mod replaces models, while this one replaces vanilla textures. IMHO they should be kept separated. ;)
OK, that does make sense. :)

Daichi

Post by Daichi »

Hello world ! :D
I have a little problem : after placing any "dream - xxx.dfmod" and ".manifest" in "StreamingAssets\Mods\", my lancher refuses to open up (black screen). Without this files (and with any other mods or not) my launcher open up.
I didn't have the courage to read 27 pages written in English (I'm French), I'm not strong enough for that, so I'm sorry if the answer hase already been posted :oops:
Thanks for your help ^^
I'm French !! INCREDIBEULE ! And I'm not good in English xD

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Daichi wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:32 pm Hello world ! :D
I have a little problem : after placing any "dream - xxx.dfmod" and ".manifest" in "StreamingAssets\Mods\", my lancher refuses to open up (black screen). Without this files (and with any other mods or not) my launcher open up.
I didn't have the courage to read 27 pages written in English (I'm French), I'm not strong enough for that, so I'm sorry if the answer hase already been posted :oops:
Thanks for your help ^^
You just need to wait a while. The game is loading all the assets so it takes longer than usual to launch, that's it.

Also, you don't need the .manifest files for the mods to work :)