Book UI

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Zadroter

Book UI

Post by Zadroter »

What always made me sad about daggerfall UI, that all books have just scroll backgrond, so I created this simple vanilla-style book UI. I has no programming skill to implement it in game, make it work only for books and divide text on 2 pages, but if anybody want and can - it would be wonderfull.

Narf the Mouse

Re: Book UI

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Zadroter wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:39 am Image

What always made me sad about daggerfall UI, that all books have just scroll backgrond, so I created this simple vanilla-style book UI. I has no programming skill to implement it in game, make it work only for books and divide text on 2 pages, but if anybody want and can - it would be wonderfull.
Looks good to me. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Thanks you!
To not create multiple threads, I will put there dagerfall-related stuff I making
There I made flat for Lord Auberon Flyte - ruler of Anticlere, which have lore, portrait and background, but not presented in game.
Here original game portraint
And there mine flat based on him, in hope that one day he may be implemented. I made him not very fancy looking, because by background he is very ill and looks like wearing only his pajama and not leaving bedroom

Hope he is in proper original aggerfall style. If something require fixes - let me know.

EddieMattos

Post by EddieMattos »

Your art is excellent. But the most faithful portrayal of the character in the game is this (at least on my screen):

His face does not seem to be too long.
Keep up the good work!!!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I like it! But you should create it in a bigger resolution. Than you can reduce the resolution if you want that low res look.
To me it seems a bit sad to recreate it so nicely, put in all that work, and have only 95*152 pixels resolution as a result.

This is how it looks upscaled with a few manual touches... Imagine all the additional detail you could put in it, if you work in a bigger resolution.

Just a idea tho! I like your work, and it indeed is very daggerfall friendly :)
Spoiler!
xx.png
xx.png (180.62 KiB) Viewed 3567 times

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 am I like it! But you should create it in a bigger resolution. Than you can reduce the resolution if you want that low res look.
To me it seems a bit sad to recreate it so nicely, put in all that work, and have only 95*152 pixels resolution as a result.
This is how it looks upscaled with a few manual touches... Imagine all the additional detail you could put in it, if you work in a bigger resolution.
Just a idea tho! I like your work, and it indeed is very daggerfall friendly
Thank you. Well, I'am not very cool and professional artist, so I work in resolution where I can make enough detalisation, but not fail in actual darwing - in resolution of original royal people sprites. Actually, I tested my picture by replacing Gothryd (I don't know how to spawn new NPC) sprite and it show issues, same that it show on your upscaling - wierd white border, so I tried to fix it, deleted hidden half-transperant pixels and now it gives me wierd black border, don't know why :P

EddieMattos wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:47 am Your art is excellent. But the most faithful portrayal of the character in the game is this (at least on my screen):
His face does not seem to be too long.
Keep up the good work!!!
Thank you too! Well, this picture just from UESP, I knew it's something wrong with it due to how pixels look. Looks like someone upscaled it wrong way and lost aspect ratio. It's not first time I see such things on wikia sites.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Zadroter wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:27 pm Thanks you!
To not create multiple threads, I will put there dagerfall-related stuff I making
There I made flat for Lord Auberon Flyte - ruler of Anticlere, which have lore, portrait and background, but not presented in game.
Here original game portraint
And there mine flat based on him, in hope that one day he may be implemented. I made him not very fancy looking, because by background he is very ill and looks like wearing only his pajama and not leaving bedroom

Hope he is in proper original aggerfall style. If something require fixes - let me know.
Excellent work! Could I use it in my Classic/DFU mod currently named Court of Anticlere?

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Yes! More than that, if you want to make unique castle for anticlere, and make real questline for this and other kingdoms - I'd be glad to help!
Btw updated version wit minor fixes

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Thanks, I will update my "mod" and give you credits of course :). In fact, as it was not really a mod but mostly a proof of concept showing how to include unused NPCs in the game, I didn't plan to make a new castle or to provide new quests for this. However, feel free to expand on it if you have any idea. In which case I think it would be easier as a pure DFU mod. I'm not sure if DFU can modded to replace exterior blocks right now though, Hazelnut could tell us more on that I suppose.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Ferital wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:44 pm Thanks, I will update my "mod" and give you credits of course :). In fact, as it was not really a mod but mostly a proof of concept showing how to include unused NPCs in the game, I didn't plan to make a new castle or to provide new quests for this.
Oh, I see. I also now see that you can work with original daggerfall files! Awesome thing. What thing I wanted to ask - it is possible to replace models for vanilla Daggerfall? I had idea of making universal daggerfall fan path, combining all existend fan pathes and additionaly fix many gamedata-related issues so there will one "must-have" path for vanilla and for DFU, instead of many different pathes and versions. But sadly, I don't even know what to do with model after I fixed it in 3d editor :(
However, feel free to expand on it if you have any idea. In which case I think it would be easier as a pure DFU mod. I'm not sure if DFU can modded to replace exterior blocks right now though, Hazelnut could tell us more on that I suppose.
I mostly shure it can, since there are mods which change exterior locations, for example, Acheologists guild. And there even was mod that allow you to make new exterior locations. But as you can guess, I'am noob when it comes to programming and unity, I can make models and draw and know lore to certain degree, but other things... with help of Interkama I was able to run tools for unity and look at ceels trought it, but this is my maximum for now :)