[MOD] Court of Anticlere

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Usernamicus

Re: [MOD] Court of Anticlere

Post by Usernamicus »

Awesome! This is everything I wanted! (Now all it needs imo is to make the Castle a uniquely modeled/textured interior/exterior and to include an optional main quest quest for them ;) )

I can't wait to see how this develops further.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

mikeprichard wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:11 pm Looks like Zadroter is also working on art for at least one of these Anticlere NPCs - see the third post etc. in this "Creator's Corner" forum topic (ignore the unrelated "Book UI" topic title) - https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1686. Just FYI in case you two may want to collaborate. :) There's a lot of overlap/confusion between the "Modder Discussion" and "Creator's Corner" forums in practice, so you might have missed it if you're looking only here in the "Modder Discusion" forum (your topic here may be more appropriate for the "Creator's Corner" forum in any case). Anyway, cool idea.
Hello Mike,

I didn't miss it, in fact I already asked Zadroter to use his art in my mod :) I'm not sure if this topic would be more appriopriate for the Creator's Corner's though, since I didn't add any new artwork or similar stuff. I only modified some of the main game data files and explained a little how to do it, so I think the topic fits perfectly here.

Ferital

Post by Ferital »

Hazelnut wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm
Ferital wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:05 pm Thanks Hazelnut :)

I'm aware of DFU modding capabilities and as you say it's much more easier to edit JSON files. Actually I was binary editing BLOCKS.BSA because I was planning to fix all wrongly assigned NPC faction ids in BLOCKS.BSA (those that let you encounter Thaik, The Crow, Lord Kilbar or a so-called Warlock in numerous houses throughout the Iliac Bay). But as I learnt to toy with DFU core classes to get the offsets I needed, I went a little further...
Yeah, I know the feeling when you get sucked into something exciting and interesting. Anyway, if you do ever decide you want to make a DFU version of enhanced mod let me know and I'll be happy to help.
Thanks Hazelnut, is it already possible to replace an exterior RMB block using DFU modding tools? One problem I encountered while doing this directly by hacking MAPS.BSA was I had to use a similar RMB block to replace another one. By similar, I mean I think it has to contain the same number of buildings and/or doors, but I'm not quite sure about it. In the example from this topic, I couldn't use PALAAA01.RMB to replace PALAAA02.RMB, classic DF would crash (did not try in DFU).

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ferital wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 am
Hazelnut wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:35 pm
Ferital wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:05 pm Thanks Hazelnut :)

I'm aware of DFU modding capabilities and as you say it's much more easier to edit JSON files. Actually I was binary editing BLOCKS.BSA because I was planning to fix all wrongly assigned NPC faction ids in BLOCKS.BSA (those that let you encounter Thaik, The Crow, Lord Kilbar or a so-called Warlock in numerous houses throughout the Iliac Bay). But as I learnt to toy with DFU core classes to get the offsets I needed, I went a little further...
Yeah, I know the feeling when you get sucked into something exciting and interesting. Anyway, if you do ever decide you want to make a DFU version of enhanced mod let me know and I'll be happy to help.
Thanks Hazelnut, is it already possible to replace an exterior RMB block using DFU modding tools? One problem I encountered while doing this directly by hacking MAPS.BSA was I had to use a similar RMB block to replace another one. By similar, I mean I think it has to contain the same number of buildings and/or doors, but I'm not quite sure about it. In the example from this topic, I couldn't use PALAAA01.RMB to replace PALAAA02.RMB, classic DF would crash (did not try in DFU).
It would need a little bit of code added to be able to replace an exterior RMB block, currently only buildings within the blocks can be replaced in mods. Happy to do this if you will use it - just decided not to build features that no one used. I think I am still the only person to utilise the worlddatareplacement class so far.

As for the crashes, the block data contains counts of things (buildings, doors, npcs etc) and if you don't modify them when you add/remove your stuff that would likely cause issues. If you want to see blockdata in JSON format, use the dumpblock BLOCKNAME command in DFU.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods