Will Dual Wield come back?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
daggerdude

Re: Will Dual Wield come back?

Post by daggerdude »

SO, to simply be able to have both my weapons out without having the switch key is good enough for me. if i'm carrying to weapons in hand to switch between them, i would like to see them and use them, even if only one at a time. i've never had an issue using them one at a time and have had a lot of fun and reward RPing and switching between strikes to build my skills - but it's immersion breaking. I'd like to think this is how bethesda would have implemented it at the time.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

I just had an idea, instead of speculating how the demo worked, does anyone have a link to the demo?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ah, my old Direnni Tower demo. :D It was one of the very early things I showed off using Daggerfall Tools for Unity in late 2014. I relocated Direnni into a walled town just for the hell of it and went exploring. It's cool how much was working back then after just a couple of months.

Here's the link to old post and download. The Windows download is still available but the Web Player won't work any more.

Below is an embed of the video showing how dual wield worked. I rigged it to display both weapons at same time and mouse gestures would simply alternate between the two hands. In theory this is still possible today, although some of the code to do this has since been removed.

One of my favourite things about this was that rain and thunder could still be heard inside buildings, just at a softer volume. And there was some nice lightning flashes and variable thunder delay that didn't make it into the game.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

i could not manage to get the demo to work unfortunately but...

basically, i'd like either that both weapons are drawn on the screen and i can use either mouse button to swing right/left hands, or at least that the weapons are both drawn and i can alternate with the switch hand key. it's not really a crucial thing, but it would be nice. especially since skyrim's awesome dual wielding.