Custom quest support

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Interkarma

Re: Custom quest support

Post by Interkarma »

It could be that hide and restore aren't being rearmed properly as parent task stops and starts. I've also noticed a bug with state serialisation for hide/restore that I ran into during vampire quest testing that's on my internal list. Does saving game at night, then restarting game fix it? In any case, I'll take a look soon.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Just tested; saving and loading was enough to make the NPC appear when I was in the residence.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Great! It should be fixed when I address that serialization bug then. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for the answer :) I'm sure it'll work great when it's fixed.

In another quest, I'm trying to use the "When Repute WIth" condition with the Mages Guild. I got this error:

Code: Select all

Parsing quest JHPQ041 FAILED!
WhenReputeWith: NPC The_Mages_Guild with FactionID 40 is not an individual NPC
Does the condition only work with NPCs? I could move it over to the Archmagister instead, since that's an NPC.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Yeah, WhenReputeWith only works for individual named NPCs. That was my understanding of the quest action at time of writing. Although it seems like it would be more useful to work with other factions as well.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Sounds good! There are always enough allied factions to make it work.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:51 pm I now have a save to illustrate. The quest below is wired to trigger with a dungeon location, but it uses cities just as easily.

_enter_ task:
    when pc enters dungeon
I've looked into this further, and issue is actually with the quest (sorry). :)

The problem is that "dungeon" is an invalid type for WhenPcEntersExits action. These only support p1=2 type exterior locations. You can use the following items from Quest-Places with this action and nothing else. The reason this is firing is that "dungeon" has a p2=-1 value, which is equal to "anywhere" in list below.

---
---	Exterior location types
---	NOTE: Exteriors do not contain quest or item markers so cannot be used to "place item", "place foe", "place npc"
---
labyrinth,          2, 4,  0
keep,               2, 7,  0
ruin,               2, 10, 0
graveyard,          2, 12, 0
coven,              2, 13, 0
farmhome,           2, 3,  0
wealthyhome,        2, 8,  0
poorhome,           2, 11, 0
tavernhome,         2, 6,  0
templehome,         2, 5,  0
cult,               2, 9,  0
city,               2, 0,  0
hamlet,             2, 1,  0
village,            2, 2,  0
anywhere,           2, -1, 0
If you'd like to detect any dungeon exterior, something like the following should do the trick:
Edit: On second thoughts, this won't work as other "when pc enters" will conflict. I'll see what I can do instead to support any dungeon and any town. :)

_enter_ task:
    when pc enters labyrinth
    when pc enters keep
    when pc enters ruin
I will add a new exception to throw an error when an invalid p1 table type is used,

Jay_H wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 am I think some wires are crossed with regards to "city" and "village." I have a quest that runs when the PC enters a village:
I'm not sure about the "city" and "village" issue. These both have a unique location type read from MapTableData in MAPS.BSA. I'd need a repro save to look into this one further.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 pm I'm trying the "restore" action for the first time and running into some difficulty. This is the code:

--	Quest start-up:
    place npc _nec_ at _nhome_

_day_ task:
    daily from 5:30 to 20:00
    hide npc _nec_

_night_ task:
    when not _day_
    restore npc _nec_
During the _night_ task the NPC doesn't appear. Is there something else I should do to trigger it?
I believe this one is fixed now. I tested with a custom quest using the above structure and NPC now hides/restores as expected. Problem was a silly mistake on my end.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Thanks for looking into these :)
Interkarma wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:07 am The problem is that "dungeon" is an invalid type for WhenPcEntersExits action. These only support p1=2 type exterior locations. You can use the following items from Quest-Places with this action and nothing else. The reason this is firing is that "dungeon" has a p2=-1 value, which is equal to "anywhere" in list below.
I will add a new exception to throw an error when an invalid p1 table type is used.
No worries. It's just as easy to alter the quest, so I have no problem if you leave this one alone. Having that exception and knowing how to avoid the problem is good enough :)
I'm not sure about the "city" and "village" issue. These both have a unique location type read from MapTableData in MAPS.BSA. I'd need a repro save to look into this one further.
Darn! I'll have to see how I can make it happen again.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm running my most recent quest pack version in 0.7.32. I did about 3 custom quests, met Brisienna, and then for some reason the Mages Guild quest dispenser is now completely failing to offer any. There's no "hired a spellsword" message, the game just refuses the click on "Get Quest," and I can exit or talk normally. If I remove the quest pack everything works well. Player log shows this:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Questing.QuestListsManager.GetGuildQuest (GuildGroups guildGroup, MembershipStatus status, Int32 factionId, Int32 rep, Int32 rank) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallGuildServicePopupWindow.GetQuest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallGuildServicePopupWindow.ServiceButton_OnMouseClick (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent sender, Vector2 position) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent/OnMouseClickHandler:invoke_void__this___BaseScreenComponent_Vector2 (DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent,UnityEngine.Vector2)
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent.MouseClick (Vector2 clickPosition) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.BaseScreenComponent.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Button.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.Panel.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterface.UserInterfaceWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallBaseWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.UserInterfaceWindows.DaggerfallPopupWindow.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.DaggerfallUI.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
This is the quest list:

schema: *name, group, membership, minReq, flag, notes

JHMG001, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to slay a shapeshifting mage in a dungeon
JHMG002, MagesGuild, M, 3, 0, a quest to convince a scholar to leave a dungeon via quiz
JHMG003, MagesGuild, M, 4, 0, a quest to slay a necromancer in a residence
JHMG004, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to assist a researcher in slaying an atronach
JHMG005, MagesGuild, M, 1, 0, a quest to test a trapped warping trinket
JHMG006, MagesGuild, M, 1, 0, a quest to take an unidentifiable magical item to a scholar in a dungeon
JHMG007, MagesGuild, M, 2, 0, a quest to get teleported to a dungeon to find a criminal
JHMG008, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to retrieve a scholar's stolen notes
JHMG009, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to deliver a manuscript after certain days
JHMG010, MagesGuild, M, 5, 0, a quest to slay a necromantic colleague
JHMG011, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to guide students to locations
JHMG012, MagesGuild, M, 5, 0, a quest to stop a powerful former member
JHMG013, MagesGuild, M, 1, 0, a quest to bring a wandering atronach home
JHMG014, MagesGuild, M, 4, 0, a quest to obtain a report on vampirism
JHMG015, MagesGuild, M, 1, 0, a quest to defend a shapeshifted member
JHMG016, MagesGuild, M, 2, 0, a quest to rescue an ambitious experimenter
JHMG017, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to identify a document
JHMG018, MagesGuild, M, 0, 0, a quest to purify and deliver a poisoned liquid
JHMG019, MagesGuild, M, 2, 0, a quest to root out a necromancer
JHMG020, MagesGuild, M, 9, 1, an attempt on your life
JHNCA00, Necromancers, P, 0, 0, entry into JHNCA01
JHNCA01, Necromancers, P, 0, 0, build reputation with Necromancers
Other quest givers such as the Fighters Guild and temples are not affected. What other information should I give?
Attachments
Quest failing.zip
(126.03 KiB) Downloaded 108 times