Persistent Dungeons

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Narf the Mouse

Re: Persistent Dungeons

Post by Narf the Mouse »

LypyL wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:28 am The first release lacked versioning which was the main problem. I didn't think it would be a problem as it's only been a few days, if you grab the latest version I reverted the change so this won't be an issue for you.
Eh...I can ignore Privateer's Hold for a couple in-game months.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:47 am Every time I enter Privateer's Hold, the rat, bat, and Imp are there. It's not been more than five? days. I haven't gone more than a few hours ride from Gothway Garden. Will have more info later.
I was finally able to reproduce this issue (hopefully it was the same issue anyways), it should be fixed in the newest version.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

LypyL wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:28 pm
Narf the Mouse wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:47 am Every time I enter Privateer's Hold, the rat, bat, and Imp are there. It's not been more than five? days. I haven't gone more than a few hours ride from Gothway Garden. Will have more info later.
I was finally able to reproduce this issue (hopefully it was the same issue anyways), it should be fixed in the newest version.
Thanks. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Dem

Post by Dem »

she wont download for me i want this one bad help plz

Dem

Post by Dem »

nvm i fixed it

pango

Post by pango »

Lady Lilia mentioned an issue with this mod in her last video, and I managed to reproduce the issue:
- anchor outside of a dungeon;
- enter the dungeon, do stuff;
- teleport out of the dungeon;
- enter the dungeon again, it will have reset
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

d999

Post by d999 »

Several times lost maps and got respawned mobs for visited recently dungeons.
But my items and corpses lays where dropped.
Two times at least it occurs with Castle Sentinel.
I could not repeat that when reload older saves.

Edit:
As I understand now this mod does nothing with "lost maps".
AutomapNumberOfDungeons in Settings.ini set number of dungeons for which the map info is remembered.
So this mod works as intended.
Last edited by d999 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vondur

Post by Vondur »

Love this mod, thank you!
Adventure Art: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLFHRO ... VAelOQrl3Q

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, DARK KNIGHT (No magicka): https://youtu.be/CO_WHL1cjNU

Let's Play Daggerfall Unity, MAD GENIUS: https://youtu.be/gPL9xKpvet0

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

Decided to finally use this and can't go back to insta-resets now, it makes the world feel a little more livelier knowing you just cleared it out for a while!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

It also breaks one of the design elements of Daggerfall which is once you enter a dungeon you have to complete it with your skills and equipment because if you exit it aborts and you're back to square 1 with it. Means you can't pop out and sleep in a local tavern, buy more arrows, repair equipment etc before continuing.

Well that's my interpretation anyway. :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods