0.7.2 Win x64: overflow in inn room rental [RESOLVED]

theJF

0.7.2 Win x64: overflow in inn room rental [RESOLVED]

Post by theJF »

I arrived at an inn at about 16:00 and rented a room for 1 day.
Then I rested for 27 hours. Then I tried immediately to rent a room for one more day. The innkeeper told me very precisely that: "Your room is still rented for -2147483648 hours yet."

I then entered 888 as the number of days to rent and DFU crashed. Zipped savegame and output log file attached, just in case. The save is just before trying to rent for the second time so if you talk to the innkeeper the overflow message should happen directly.
Attachments
tavern_overflow.zip
savegame and log
(259.29 KiB) Downloaded 77 times

mikeprichard

Re: 0.7.2 Win x64: overflow in inn room rental

Post by mikeprichard »

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I suspect I will be embarrassed once I figure this one out... thanks for the report! :)

EDIT: Actually this is not an embarrassing gaffe in my code but it's caused by the rest window not clearing rented rooms when they expire anymore. You should wake when 24 hours has passed and also should be in a bedroom. I now need to track down what has broken this.

EDIT2: It's happening when loading a save inside the tavern. One of the checks is that the player is in a town and it's checking the town perimeter but it's not availiable when loading inside. Should be a simple fix.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

theJF

Post by theJF »

Thanks for the reply! Good to know it's not a major headache.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »