0.7.2 Win x64 - PC Can Stay At Any Inn Without Buying A Room [RESOLVED]

ftr89wgbtf4

0.7.2 Win x64 - PC Can Stay At Any Inn Without Buying A Room [RESOLVED]

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

Here's a fun one! I can't seem to reproduce this on a fresh save, so I wasn't sure where to put it.

I can sleep at any inn (that I've tested), despite not having even visited them before. Even tried going to a nearby unvisited town and I could stay at an inn there, too.

Well, the relevant gameplay leading up to this looked something like:
-save
-buy room
-load

But all I get when trying that on a fresh save, is the room rental text. ("You have a room at [inn] for [duration].") Which is a minor bug in itself I suppose.

Anyway, I will keep trying to reproduce this on a fresh save, but I just wanted to get it out there. Maybe the bugged savegame will be enough?
Attachments
SAVE25.zip
(230.16 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Last edited by ftr89wgbtf4 on Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Re: 0.7.2 Win x64 - PC Can Stay At Any Inn Without Buying A Room

Post by Hazelnut »

I'll take a look. Probably something I forgot to properly reset.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

ftr89wgbtf4

Post by ftr89wgbtf4 »

It seems that this bug is with me for the long haul on this playthrough. I'm pretty sure it has been weeks in-game, and I am still free to stay anywhere I like. Not that I'm complaining much. :D

It is interesting that I don't see the "You have a room at [inn] for [duration]" text on any saves in this run.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

The rented rooms is reset like everything else, but PlayerGPS.Update() is firing before the data is reset which only happens on loading.

Easy fix would be to reset the player entity before anything else happens. Interkarma, is there a reason that PlayerEntity.Reset() is only called when starting a new game and not when loading a game? If not, can I add this?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Probably just an oversight, should be no problems calling reset when loading a game.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I found another cause, all taverns seem to be marked as fighters guild faction so if you join the guild you get to rest for free in all taverns. :shock:

This will be fixed momentarily.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I don't know if this is what you're all talking about, but the issue seems to be that if you load a save with your char inside a building, you can immediately rest in that building without getting the "You have not rented a room here" message. This goes for any building, inn or otherwise.

As soon as you leave the building and re-enter, the message fires as normal and you are blocked from resting.

The other issue (in the grander scope of things), is that vagrancy just isn't implemented yet. You're not supposed to get that message in non-inns because it doesn't apply. The rest attempt fails and the guards simply come after you.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

First issue is fixed now, second issue definitely used to work (just checked using build 140) but maybe has broken as well. I'll take a look when I get some time later today.

Seems to be working again now - it was caused by the same issues.

Interkarma

Re: 0.7.2 Win x64 - PC Can Stay At Any Inn Without Buying A Room [RESOLVED]

Post by Interkarma »

Thank you for fixes Hazelnut. :)