Made my first mod, need some help

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Failinbad

Made my first mod, need some help

Post by Failinbad »

So after some trial and error, I finally got my first crack at injecting 3d assets to work. I was replacing the skull on a staff torch, and just used an asset from the unity store, which I'll replace with my own model now that I get the basic concept. However when I went to try another I ran into problems. I'm attempting to replace the hay stack billboard with a 3d Asset. I got the record number, imported my model into unity and renamed it. But when I load up the game its still the billboard. The torch was Texture.210 and the torch was 6-0 through 6-3. So when I named my torch 210_6 that was fine and it worked perfect in the game. The Hay Stack is Texture 198_6-0 and I've tried naming the asset that, and just 198_6 neither works, but my torches still do. I should note that I'm putting them both in the same mod. Each asset doesn't need its own mod file, correct? Any advice would be appreciated.

King of Worms

Re: Made my first mod, need some help

Post by King of Worms »

I think ushould ask The Lacus, he knows all about this stuff. Maybe write him a PM with a link to this thread.
Sry I cant help more. I guess you already read the modding tutorials, because some of your models work...

TheLacus

Re: Made my first mod, need some help

Post by TheLacus »

Might be a different texture. Can you tell the name of town/location where you're testing?