Re Twitter

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
King of Worms

Re: Re Twitter

Post by King of Worms »

"And even more off topic, but I can't see this bartender's face without thinking about Indigo..."

Dude, I cant erase this image from my head for years, what has been seen, cannot be unseen...
I guess Ive spend too much time working on this stuff, sry for offtopic
Hmmm.jpg
Hmmm.jpg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 3147 times

pango

Post by pango »

Hahaha!
What about an easter egg quest in some tavern :D
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

:lol: Would be funny but given how Dagger uses these portraits semi-randomly, you would never know where he appears and chance is you would meet him multiple times around the world. Also, this one is someone from a nobility (golden frame around the portrait). Its hard to place eastereggs here. Maybe with the custom location maker by Uncanny Valley, but I dont know how to use it. He promised a guidline manual in a future, so we will see..

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If left untreated, an infected player now "dies" and progresses to full-blown vampirism. They will awaken in a regional cemetery as a fledgling bloodsucker.
Now I'm curious how the PC is planted in the graveyard. Are there spawn markers inside cemetery interiors? I've tried using them as teleport spots but it never worked properly.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

The little cemetery dungeons have an "enter" marker for this purpose, but the quest machine filters out these dungeons from Place resource selection as they don't contain any "quest" markers for placing items or monsters/NPCs. They're not really suitable for majority of quests thanks to that.

It's a shame too, those little cemetery dungeons would be perfect for short quests. At least you can use the exterior in DFU, you just can't place things to the interior.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I don't remember if you could see the doors close in real time if you stand in front of them in the classic game. How about your implementation?
This is one of the places where the ImportedComponentAttribute is really handy. If an event is fired in game, a mod that replaces models can easily start an open/close animation.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Just saw the effects roadmap was updated today to show all character advantages/disadvantages in the green... now it's "only" the item effects and a handful of other general spell effects to go. It's happening!

(Just saw Interkarma also posted about this in the Developer Discussion forum. Pretty damn awesome.)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Hmm...

1) Have no empty soul traps.
2) Cast soul trap on self.
3) ????
4) "I am invincible!"
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ha! Already covered this. I'm wise to your shenanigans! :lol:

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 am Ha! Already covered this. I'm wise to your shenanigans! :lol:
Not allowing spells to be cast on "Self" is cheap. :P
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.