[MOD] Discrete Crosshair

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Discrete Crosshair

Post by Hazelnut »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm Now if we had a same easy way to mod that horrendous default mouse cursor... ;)
Heretic! :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I know, its blasphemy :oops: :lol:

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:31 pm Now if we had a same easy way to mod that horrendous default mouse cursor... ;)
If I find the time, Ill try to do the cursor as well. However, you guys have to find a way to change it :P

PS - Any suggestion of what would you like new cursor to look like? Something fitting Daggerfall. ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It should have some golden touch I guess :)
Might look like a magic wand, or a sword/dagger... or a armored hand with a pointing finger?
I think the dagger would ofc look fitting, if made correctly. But I have no idea what correctly means here... its art :lol:

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Something like oblivion crosshair?
However for myself, golden dot is perfect :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Maybe having a few presets that can be selected like interaction icons would be nice, however if these are direct assets taken from copyrighted products that may be a bad idea. As long as they are created from scratch should be no problem. And, no Oblivion in my nice Daggerfall ever please! ;)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Of cource I not recommend steal assets from tes4! (I don't like this game too, yeah, but this part of interface may look a little bit daggerfall-ish, this style)
Presets will be nice

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes for presets... Im quite sure just changing the default white to a good shade of yellow (yes Im obsessed) will be a great step forward.
I like the oblivion one tho :)

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

The cursor is packed in the assets files for the game. In the repository, it is in "daggerfall-unity\Assets\Resources\", Cursor.png and Cursor2.png. I'm not really sure which one is used but I replaced both and rebuilt DFU and the ugly cursor was replaced with this :
Gauntlet.png
Gauntlet.png (609 Bytes) Viewed 3810 times
This cursor is from http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-detail/784 with an Attribution Required (CC by) license. However, the author name is Anonymous :roll: so I don't know what to do if we want to include it... I also did not try for a higher res cursor...

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

I did this test of suggested dagger. It would be fitting to have dagger cursor for the Daggerfall game, however Im not too sure, I had to do quite a bit of balancing since daggers are long, with prominent handle. If I squish it too much it'll just become a mess and not look like what suppose to look like.... :?