Can't stand from crouch mode 0.7.2 [RESOLVED]

Zadroter

Can't stand from crouch mode 0.7.2 [RESOLVED]

Post by Zadroter »

Bug in 0.7.2 version. Untill restarted game, I can't stand back from crouch - it for millisecond going up and then put me down again. Save and loading without restarting not fixed problem, only restart of the game. I readed forums and not seen it reported. Maybe it just one-time issue.
Last edited by Zadroter on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pango

Re: Can't stand from crouch mode 0.7.2

Post by pango »

What platform are you using? (Windows/OS X/Linux)
Did you remap it to a non default key?
Can you reproduce the issue?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

Windows 64
Standart key - C
Currently not reporoduced, but when I done it It I often changed from crouch to stand, you know like sneaking people do in later tes games

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I encountered the same problem after pressing the crouch key twice while on my horse; I wanted to see if the horse would crouch. (It didn't; which is correct)

Right, more info. After dismounting my horse, I found I couldn't exit crouch - Pressing 'c' made my character uncrouch and then immediately crouch. I fixed it by editing save data to set crouching to false.

...aaand now crouch doesn't look like a real word anymore.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This one is a known issue that Meteoric Dragon will hopefully fix soon. There are also couple of other bugs related to crouch, such as being able to crouch-glitch out of the world under specific circumstances that he's also aware of.

Hopefully some fixes for these will be available early next year. Unfortunately for now, you'll need to save and exit game to overcome this crouch bug.

Zadroter

Post by Zadroter »

save and exit
Not neccecery actually
I left tavern when archers attacked me immideatly by arrows and happened this bug. After I very fast entered other interior my character get back stand again :)

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

I had the same problem/solution. Somehow got into crouch mode (don't recall hitting the C key) and got out of it by entering a portal (e.g. a shop door, dungeon entrance, etc.).

Actually it was kind of fun going around whacking enemies on their ankles/knees :D

pango

Post by pango »

There's a "pony" variant: you can stand up or crouch normally, but each time you mount your horse you'll be lower than usual
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

Issue still exists in January build.
Last time, because I got shot by an arrow and couldn't stand up anymore.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This one is in Meteoric Dragon's wheelhouse to resolve. He seems to be on a break right now, and I support that anytime someone needs it. If he doesn't fix it before I'm ready for 07.x stable, then I'll jump in and affect a workaround until he's ready to fix his own way. :)

I think this bug only happens if enhanced climbing is enabled. Can anyone confirm if they've experienced this with enhanced climbing disabled?