[MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Buff/Debuff Icons

Post by King of Worms »

Can I please get a full res of the feather (no.22) ?
Id like to create one ingredient from it, its a Griphon feather, and the original is very bad IMO. You cant tell what you looking at basically...
Thank you! ;)

pango

Post by pango »

Alyndiar wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:04 pm However, as it can get bothersome clicking through hundreds of icons, I'm hoping for a better icon selection interface at some point in the future.
Maybe spell icon packs could come with a preset or few presets of spell -> icon mapping; Customization is good but I guess most people will be happy with a good default mapping (I know I probably will).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've come up with a nice design for recommended default icons based on effect that will support multiple icon packs, unlimited icons, and potentially even custom effects. What I mean by that last one is custom effect mods will be able to register a recommended icon for themselves.

I'm still working through the specifics, so I don't want to discuss too much just yet. No time-frame just yet either, I'm buried in magic item powers right now. But I'll loop back to this as soon as I'm able.

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Interkarma wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:12 am I've come up with a nice design for recommended default icons based on effect that will support multiple icon packs, unlimited icons, and potentially even custom effects. What I mean by that last one is custom effect mods will be able to register a recommended icon for themselves.

I'm still working through the specifics, so I don't want to discuss too much just yet. No time-frame just yet either, I'm buried in magic item powers right now. But I'll loop back to this as soon as I'm able.
That is great new @Interkarma! Take your time, we'll be ready with icons when you push this through!

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

pango wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:35 am Maybe spell icon packs could come with a preset or few presets of spell -> icon mapping; Customization is good but I guess most people will be happy with a good default mapping (I know I probably will).
Yup, that was on the list too. And Interkarma seems to have ideas on how to make that happen! Cheers to our valiant leader!

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

For those who just want to try all the new icons, with some recolors to fill the atlas (and who are running their own build from the latest repository), here is a 69 icons atlas in 128x128.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for posting the atlas! This gives me some nice testing ammunition for my changes. I'll try to get this in sooner rather than later, but it's likely to be rough at first. :)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:28 pm Can I please get a full res of the feather (no.22) ?
Id like to create one ingredient from it, its a Griphon feather, and the original is very bad IMO. You cant tell what you looking at basically...
Thank you! ;)
Here you go. I hope that resolution is large enough -any more than that and it starts to brake up (since Ive design it for a very small format).

@Interkarma
Wow, cant wait! Awesome! :D

@Alyndiar
Great work! ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Here's first look at new icon picker with "spell icon packs" in below tweet. Only the VMBlast test pack is currently available, but supports any number of icon packs with any number of icons each. Classic icons are always available (but can still be replaced using normal asset injection), and will eventually add a "suggested" icons category based on metadata-effect matching (still in progress).

https://twitter.com/gav_clayton/status/ ... 7925336064

That probably sounds like a lot to unpack, but I'm trying to make it as simple as possible to add new icon packs. I'll outline the whole process once the feature is done.